Solved

Login from multiple devices

Badge +3

We have a situation where a small group of people share a single login to Apps 10.  (They are using the app mainly for entering purchase requisitions and all work for the same department).  What happens is that sometimes the second user to log in will receive a notification that someone else is using the system under that login (I personally have seen this notification in the past during implementation when using the appowner account), but there are other times where it will not alert them at all and just log the other individual out of the system, with lost work occasionally.  My joking solution was for them to get familiar with Crtl+S or F12, but was wondering if anyone knew where this notification functionality exists (if at all)?

icon

Best answer by anmise 4 May 2021, 08:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @aprough,

Two users cannot concurrently login to the application using the same account, this is the correct behavior. When a user logs into the system, an entry will be created in FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB. As long as the entry is there, you cannot login to the same IFS account from a different machine with a different OS user.

This entry will be deleted once the user logs out or after the configured HTTP session timeout elapses and after that, you can login as the same user from a different machine. Default value for this timeout is 5 minutes and you can configure it from IFS Middleware Server Admin Console in IFSAPP10.

If the user got kicked out then that should be because the user was idle for some time and this timeout was reached, which would remove the record in FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB. When the next user attempts to login, it would enable them to login since there is no record in this table for the account.

So extending the timeout might solve your problem to some extent. 

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 7

We have a situation where a small group of people share a single login to Apps 10.  (They are using the app mainly for entering purchase requisitions and all work for the same department).  What happens is that sometimes the second user to log in will receive a notification that someone else is using the system under that login (I personally have seen this notification in the past during implementation when using the appowner account), but there are other times where it will not alert them at all and just log the other individual out of the system, with lost work occasionally.  My joking solution was for them to get familiar with Crtl+S or F12, but was wondering if anyone knew where this notification functionality exists (if at all)?

Ideally, you should purchase LTU (Limited Task User) licenses for these users. 

Badge +3

Hi @aprough,

Two users cannot concurrently login to the application using the same account, this is the correct behavior. When a user logs into the system, an entry will be created in FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB. As long as the entry is there, you cannot login to the same IFS account from a different machine with a different OS user.

This entry will be deleted once the user logs out or after the configured HTTP session timeout elapses and after that, you can login as the same user from a different machine. Default value for this timeout is 5 minutes and you can configure it from IFS Middleware Server Admin Console in IFSAPP10.

If the user got kicked out then that should be because the user was idle for some time and this timeout was reached, which would remove the record in FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB. When the next user attempts to login, it would enable them to login since there is no record in this table for the account.

So extending the timeout might solve your problem to some extent. 

Hope this helps! 

Unfortunately, we are using the cloud environment, so we do not have access to the Middleware Admin Console.  In addition, if the logon timeout period is supposed to be the default behavior, it is intermittent as of right now.  A user yesterday received the message indicating that someone else was in the system, but I was just able to login using my credentials on two different computers within a minute of each other and neither computer reacted to the other session.  So, it seems like it works correctly sometimes and not at all at others.

Sounds like I might need to reach out to cloud services.