Question

Lobby parameter range and multiple values

• 24 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

1. Is it possible to pass date range to lobby parameter? Eg. Entry Date = 01/01/2022 to 15/01/2022
  2. Is it possible to pass multiple values for lobby parameter? Eg. Site = ‘01’;’02’

Customer is in Apps 10.

Appreciate your response.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @shewa 

we use IFS Apps 9.

1. question: It isn’t possible. but you can create two parameters - one for date from and an other one for date to.
  2. question: No, it isn’t possible.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

For number 2, depending on how you set up the Condition on your Data Source, you could probably embed multiple values in something like a LIKE or a REGEXP expression.

You can also use an IN, I think. Let’s say I want two Companies. I could access them like this:

SELECT * FROM Company WHERE Company IN ('01', '99')

or like this (due to Oracle’s implicit conversion of data):

SELECT * FROM Company WHERE Company IN (01, 99)

You can put a parameter in the parens, like this:

SELECT * FROM Company WHERE Company IN (&Company_List)

so that when the query runs and you enter “01, 99” in the prompt, you get the same results. If you had a lobby page parameter named COMPANY_LIST, the condition you could use on your data source would be:

Company IN ($Company_List$)

Play around and see if something like that might meet your needs…

Good luck!

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

For number 2, depending on how you set up the Condition on your Data Source, you could probably embed multiple values in something like a LIKE or a REGEXP expression.

You can also use an IN, I think. Let’s say I want two Companies. I could access them like this:

SELECT * FROM Company WHERE Company IN ('01', '99')

or like this (due to Oracle’s implicit conversion of data):

SELECT * FROM Company WHERE Company IN (01, 99)

You can put a parameter in the parens, like this:

SELECT * FROM Company WHERE Company IN (&Company_List)

so that when the query runs and you enter “01, 99” in the prompt, you get the same results. If you had a lobby page parameter named COMPANY_LIST, the condition you could use on your data source would be:

Company IN ($Company_List$)

Play around and see if something like that might meet your needs…

Good luck!

Joe Kaufman

Thanks for the suggestion. I had to change input parameter slightly different way. i.e ‘01’,’02’ and then it worked. 

If we are using this for something like Status of customer order, do you have a suggestion how to enter all states? Such as ‘%’ should return all statuses and when entered comma separated values, it should only show orders in those statuses.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Since that value is a string, it work just like the examples above for Company. You just need to know the possible values for Status, which will be listed i the Search screen for Customer Orders.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi  @sutekh137 

I tried this solution on IFS Cloud 21R2, it is not working.

Does this solution works only in IEE?

Here is the DataSource -

The parameters -

I also tried removing quotes, replacing comma with semi-colon, nothing is working.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@Rohit 

Sorry, I am not going to be of much help -- I am all IEE, very little Aurena experience except to know any time I try something more advanced I fail at it. If something doesn’t work in Aurena, it just doesn’t work, and I have rarely found a workaround.

You might get better help by posting a new thread that points to this one, then describe again what you are trying to do in Aurena. More and more folks are moving to Cloud, so hopefully someone has experience trying to do what you are doing…

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi  @sutekh137 

The parameters -

I also tried removing quotes, replacing comma with semi-colon, nothing is working.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Also, what exactly do you mean, “nothing is working”? Are you getting an error, or just always no data is returned? If you try a single value in the IN does it work?

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi  @sutekh137 

The parameters -

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Also, what exactly do you mean, “nothing is working”? Are you getting an error, or just always no data is returned? If you try a single value in the IN does it work?

Joe Kaufman

Yes @sutekh137 when I tried single value, it worked. With multiple values, it simply didn’t return any row. No errors.
Thanks to @GregoryB for giving another workaround in the WHERE clause -

instr('$PARAMETER$', <COLUMN>) > 0

If the parameter is comma separated value, we can slightly modify the above code like this -

instr(',' || '$PARAMETER$' || ',', ',' || <COLUMN> || ',') > 0

concatenating , around the parameter values and the column name, to get exact match of values of column in the parameter string.

Thank you!