Solved

Lobby Link to Excel Quick Report

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Is it possible to create a link on a lobby tile that will export a quick report to excel. We can link to the quick report and then export to excel, but looking for a one step process. Using Apps 9.

Many thanks,

icon

Best answer by Narsi 3 September 2020, 16:33

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Matthew ,

Lobby is a representation of data. There you would be able to navigate to data such as;

• Navigating to a form
  • Provide aggregate value such as count, or a matrix  or a chart                                                                                    

So as you mentioned you could link to a quick report, but at the same time you would not be able to have the ‘Export to Excel’ functionality to be appended to a lobby tile. You could find this option on ‘Create New Quick Report’  , ‘Quick Report Categories’, ‘Quick Reports’ overview page or on the Quick Report itself.

So the export to excel can not be attached to a lobby tile to export a quick report from a lobby element at one click.       
Badge +1

Hello, I’m trying to open a Quick Report with a link from a Lobby. In the original question you mention that you were able to do this. Can you explain how you are linking to quick reports from lobbies and how you’re passing parameters to them? I’m using ifsapf:tbwQuickReport? as a starting point but am having no luck passing the report Id and project id as parameters.

Thanks

Sam

Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Hello there. I have a lot of experience with lobby screens. Set the quick report parameter for the report as in the example below.  error 1.where t.emp_no = '& EMP_NO'  successful 1.where t.emp_no = &EMP_NO   URLs  ifsrep: qr.79991  and parameter

Badge +1

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks @ADNAN its very usefull syntax usage.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @ADNAN 

I’ve tried with this link 

ifsrep: qr.79991 

to get quick report form lobby

but no luck 

getting this screen when pressing a column on lobby

Could you please help?

Thanks,

Narsi.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

hi @Narsi 

Can you send the sql sentence of the report?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @ADNAN 

Quick Report SQL:

select 
PART_NO,
CONTRACT,
WAREHOUSE,
LOCATION_NO,
Inventory_Location_API.Get_Location_Name(CONTRACT, LOCATION_NO) as "Location Name",
INVENTORY_PART_API.Get_Description(contract,part_no) as "Part Description",
CONFIGURATION_ID,
LOT_BATCH_NO,
SERIAL_NO,
CONDITION_CODE_MANAGER_API.Get_Condition_Code (PART_NO,SERIAL_NO,LOT_BATCH_NO )  as "Condition",
Condition_Code_API.Get_Description(CONDITION_CODE_MANAGER_API.Get_Condition_Code (PART_NO,SERIAL_NO,LOT_BATCH_NO )) as "Condition Description",
ENG_CHG_LEVEL,
Inventory_Part_API.Get_Unit_Meas(CONTRACT, PART_NO)  as UoM
from INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK_UIV
where CONTRACT = ‘101’ and PART_NO = &PART_NO

Lobby Element Screen:

Lobby Data Source:

Thanks,

Narsi.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

hi @Narsi 

Lobby Element Screen:

just write this code   ifsrep: qr.448404  

Make sure the report id information is correct.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @ADNAN ,

I have written as ifsrep: qr.448404 

Checked report ID

but no luck still getting same screen 

Thanks,

Narsi.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @ADNAN 

It works now

I added a space between ifsrep: and qr.448404, that’s why it didn’t work.

Now it’s working with ifsrep:qr.448404 (without space)

Thanks,

Narsi

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, 

Is it possible to open a quick report with a link from a Lobby and passing user input parameters, for example date, to the quick report? 

And is it possible to pass parameters from all Lobby element, for example a counter? 

Thanks,

Emma

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi, 

Is it possible to open a quick report with a link from a Lobby and passing user input parameters, for example date, to the quick report? 

And is it possible to pass parameters from all Lobby element, for example a counter? 

Thanks,

Emma

Hi, yes it’s possible. In navegation you put like this:

ifsrep:qr.778207?Year=$Ano$&Start_month=$Start month$

Year= (this is the quickreport parameter)

$Ano$ (this is the element parameter

If you need to add more than one, you put &

hope it helps

Br