Solved

Lobby Designer. Form mapping

• 28 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello

Could someone explain how/when… is used the Form mapping section in the Element Designer ?

Here is what I found in the Tech Help :

I found an example in  the Bar Chart : Vacancies Progress :

But, in the first form, no sign of any relation to this element...

I checked hundreds of lobby elements in different categories and it seems to be rarely used...

icon

Best answer by Minoshini Fonseka 30 April 2021, 16:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @mauger 

You need to add the ‘Lobby’ pane in bottom footer context pane. (RMB on Footer context pane > add  ’Lobby’ ). Then refresh the window. Then you can open the Lobby pane and add the lobby elements to this window.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @mauger ,

Let me explain you the concept of form mapping as follows. 

As the name suggests, we could map IFS form to a lobby element. 

Example 1 :
Let’s take this “Escalated Risks” lobby element..

If I click on one item in this element, I can go the relevant form. I clicked on 1200 Risk ID, and it directed me to following form.

So, let’s check how this was configured in element designer..

Navigation :

• In URL address, we can provide the form name.
  • We can map view column to element parameter. If the column is missing in the list, try to use custom.

Example 2:

This is a simple example, I have created.. 

When I add the Data Source and columns in Data section,  Columns are added automatically in the Navigation section at the same time. 

• If I add this to a lobby page, it just display the data.. but it would not navigate to any form. This is just a display.. 
  • Now I am going to add a form in Element Designer.

Then I can now direct to the currency codes page.

• Now let’s say, that we want to direct to the form, based on the condition we pass from the element. Then we can select that column.

• In this example, I selected the Conv Factor.

•    If I click on 100 on the Conv Factor in the lobby element, I am directed to the relevant dataset.

Like this, you can experiment with this form mapping. I hope this give you an idea on this..
Thanks..