Question

Java transformer issue - Developer Studio

Badge +3

Hi,

When I try to build transformer model file, I’m getting this below mentioned MAVEN dependency error. 

Transformer model
BUILD result

I tried adding repository to the POM.xml file as IFS documentation says (https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/050_development/024_integration/015_connect/050_transformer/550_maven_http_deprecated/). But didn’t work. Can please let me know a solution for this? Is there some configuration which I have been missed?

BR,

Hasith

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @HasithM 

May i know the Developer studio tool version which you are using?  And the track and the target version?

Apps10 or IFS Cloud? 

hope you have followed steps given in https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/050_development/024_integration/015_connect/050_transformer/200_workflow_java_transformer/ and done the “”Synchronize libraries” as well.

/Harshini

Badge +3

Hi @hamalk,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I followed the steps provided and synchronize the libraries.

This is IFS cloud and the dev studio version is 22.120.

Is it mandatory to follow the step 3 (Implement - unit testing)? Or can we just Initialize(step 2) and Build(step 4) the transformer project?

Badge +1

Hi @HasithM ,

Please check transformer-maven-plugin properly included in you local maven cache at C:\Users\<USERID>\.m2\repository\ifs\dev\maven\plugins\transformer-maven-plugin\1.7 (check attached pic)

This is custom developed plugin which bundled with the Developer Studio. This not published in public maven repo’s and it’s get registered to local maven cache when you called “Synchronize Libraries” action. (If it’s not already registered)

Sometimes I have noticed “_remote.repositories” gets created with in the C:\Users\<USERID>\.m2\repository\ifs\dev\maven\plugins\transformer-maven-plugin\1.7 folder which always tries to fetch the jar from central maven. If this file exists in the folder please remove it.

Badge +3

Hi @shaalk ,

This is how my “C:\Users\<USERID>\.m2\repository\ifs\dev\maven\plugins\transformer-maven-plugin\1.7” path looks like, I did synchronize the libraries.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @HasithM,
check this answer and these two questions:
Developer Studio 22.1.8546 issues | IFS Community

Java Transformer development in IFS Cloud | IFS Community

Hope it helps
BR
Filip

Badge +1

Hi @shaalk ,

This is how my “C:\Users\<USERID>\.m2\repository\ifs\dev\maven\plugins\transformer-maven-plugin\1.7” path looks like, I did synchronize the libraries.

No. Can you remove transformer-maven-plugin and call “Sync Libraries” again

Badge +3

@hamalk ,

Yes I tried with that as well. Only these two files got generated once call “Sync Libraries”.

Badge

@HasithM 
Were you able to resolve this issue in the end?

I’m experiencing the same problem right now, in studio version 23.1E.9419, trying to build for 22R2 version - whenever I try to build, I get the 

The POM for ifs.dev.maven.plugins:transformer-maven-plugin:jar:1.7 is missing, no dependency information available

error and my “C:\Users\<USERID>\.m2\repository\ifs\dev\maven\plugins\transformer-maven-plugin\1.7” looks like yours.

Also I can’t follow the steps here “https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/050_development/024_integration/015_connect/050_transformer/200_workflow_java_transformer/ “ since the link doesn’t work and there doesn’t seem to be a replacement in current docs.

Badge +3

Hi @cgijacekh 

The task I was working got postponed and couldn't check that afterwards. As I remember had to put a ticket to IFS support regarding this issue. 

As I got to know this a technical issue in developer studio. Please put a ticket to IFS support through customer portal and they will check and provide a solution for this. 

Hope it helps,

/Hasith

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @cgijacekh 

As mentioned in  Developer Studio 22.1.8546 issues | IFS Community

Java Transformer development in IFS Cloud | IFS Community

Download this attached zip file and copy the AR files into folder \lib\server\javaruntime\ in IFS Cloud project.

Then is possible to develop Transformers in IFS Cloud project.

/Harshini

Badge

Hi @hamalk 

I’ve gone through those posts and downloaded javaruntime into my project already, it’s not lack of those files that’s causing the problem.

It’s ifs.dev.maven.plugins:transformer-maven-plugin:1.7 that’s causing the issue:

As mentioned by @shaalk, that plugin should be in C:\Users\<USERID>\.m2\repository\ifs\dev\maven\plugins\transformer-maven-plugin\1.7, but it isn’t there for me

And I don’t have “Sync libraries” option available to try and fetch them somehow.