java Heap error in APPS10 UPD12 installation During "deploy database " Step

• 24 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Exception in thread "RENTAL.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "DISORD.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "VIM.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "PURBB.module" Exception in thread "ECOMAN.module" Exception in thread "SUBCON.module" Exception in thread "SUPSCH.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "PM.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "SRM.module" Exception in thread "INVPLA.module" Exception in thread "COST.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "MWO.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "PCMBB.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "MFGSTD.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "KANBAN.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "CFGBKO.module" Exception in thread "ORDSTR.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "SHPORD.module" Exception in thread "PROSCH.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "MROMFG.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "CBSINT.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "DOP.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "CMPCFG.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "CFGRUL.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "MFGVIZ.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "MRP.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "WSCOPE.module" Exception in thread "CROMFG.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "CRP.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "MASSCH.module" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

hi @Abhilok ,

Looks like you are running out of memory in your App server so please check whether there is decent amount of free memory available there. Make sure that you have properly shutdown the managed-servers before starting the deployment as well. multi-threading  done by the installer can use up a fair bit of RAM.

Cheers

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I checked the memory space on Sever, above the SC,

@Sajith D  As you suggest to properly shutdown the managed-servers, i have gone through only 

step 1. prepare database  and in step 2. deploy database getting this error. so not able to Create IFS_HOme step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Abhilok ,

Are you seeing lot of errors in the database deployment it self? I’m referring to errors coming from the DB, rather the installer java errors. You should be able to see this in the database log folder in the instance. 

Cheers

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I am also experiencing a very similar problem. Just received a new “build home” for IFS Apps 10, UPD18 from IFS, created a blank database using the single tenant Oracle 19c template for Windows, successfully ran the “Prepare database” phase using the IFS Installer, then the “Deploy Database Objects” errors out on just about every database object being deployed, the process takes hours, then fails with the memory error. This is a new install and I have not even reached the point of creating the “IFS Home”, so there are no servers to shutdown and no other instance(s) running on these servers. I know this thread is old, but hoping someone can tell me what I am doing wrong! In our situation, we have not had a “build home” (until it was delivered last week) as all IFS has ever delivered has been individual UPDs and patches. We made this request hoping to cut the time required to create new instances of IFS (not having to install each and every delivery in sequence), so my process may be incorrect for these “new” source files???