Solved

Issue to reach Apps10 Projections /main/ node with Postman and Dell Boomi

• 15 September 2023
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Dear Community, 

We have in issue with Apps10 Projections, and maybe some of you faced the same issue previously. 

We did the following tests:

• Boomi connection to int API (“…/int/ifsapplications/projection/v1/AllProjections.svc/Projections(ProjectionName='PurchaseOrderHandling'”) => works well
  • Boomi connection to main API (“…/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/AllProjections.svc/Projections(ProjectionName='PurchaseOrderHandling') => failed
  • Postman connection to int API (“…/int/ifsapplications/projection/v1/AllProjections.svc/Projections(ProjectionName='PurchaseOrderHandling'”) => works well
  • Postman connection to main API (“…/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/AllProjections.svc/Projections(ProjectionName='PurchaseOrderHandling'”) => failed

Worked with Postman: 

Failed in Boomi: 

Failed in Postman: 

Previously we had an other test environment and we didn’t realize the same issue. 

Do you have idea what could be the issue? 

Thank you very much in advance for all of your thoughts!

Kind regards, 

Balazs

icon

Best answer by Denam 19 September 2023, 04:31

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @bapehu,

The difference between “Main” and “Int” is the authentication method. While “Main” uses AUTH2 authorization and “Int” uses BASIC authorization.    

Which method are you using while requesting the “main” layer?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@bapehu I highly recommend you blur the URL and Port information of your IFS server in screenshots.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@bapehu I highly recommend you blur the URL and Port information of your IFS server in screenshots.

Thank you very much for the advise! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @bapehu,

The difference between “Main” and “Int” is the authentication method. While “Main” uses AUTH2 authorization and “Int” uses BASIC authorization.    

Which method are you using while requesting the “main” layer?

Hi hhy38,

Thank you very much for your quick answer!

We tried to use basic authentication, because we read this: 

here: Article: Getting Started with the IFS Applications 10 REST Connector - Boomi Community

Kind regards, 

Balazs

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

So, If you have IFS 10 Update 8 or above. it is possible to convert the projections as REST APIs and invoke them externally for integration purposes. You can check the topic below.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@bapehu Find the projection in API Explorer and change the “Included in Compatibility Application Type” option to "Yes". Then you can reach the projection with basic (int) authentication.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi hhy38, 

Thank you very much for your comments. 

We switched on the compatibility mode: 

If I understood correctly: 

• we can reach the /main/ only with OAuth authentication
  • we can reach the /int/ with basic authentication if we switch on the Compatibility mode
  • as I know from our Boomi developer, Boomi can call only /main/ layer.
  • But if Boomi can use only Basic authentication - and can’t use OAuth authentication - as it is written in that Boomi page -  which is not available in /main/ layer, how this can work at all? :) 

An interesting fact is this whole structure worked in a different test environment and we don’t know why it is not working now. 

Thank you very much any thoughts!

Regards, 

Balazs

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@bapehu You are welcome. Actually, I don't know the Boomi parts. But, this is how it works. I am just trying to show what I know :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi hhy38, 

• we can reach the /int/ with basic authentication if we switch on the Compatibility mode
  • But if Boomi can use only Basic authentication - and can’t use OAuth authentication - as it is written in that Boomi page -  which is not available in /main/ layer, how this can work at all? :) 

An interesting fact is this whole structure worked in a different test environment and we don’t know why it is not working now. 

Regards, 

Balazs

Hi,

The IFS REST Partner Connector is capable of calling /int layer APIs. You can find that when importing the API, where it will appear as “integration” for the projection category input. Please refer to the below screenshot.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@bapehu You are welcome. Actually, I don't know the Boomi parts. But, this is how it works. I am just trying to show what I know :) 

Thank you very much hhy38 all of your effort! Really appreciate and it help a lot to understand the logic! 

Thank you again! 

Kind regards, 

Balazs

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi hhy38, 

Regards, 

Balazs

Hi,

The IFS REST Partner Connector is capable of calling /int layer APIs. You can find that when importing the API, where it will appear as “integration” for the projection category input. Please refer to the below screenshot.

Thanks.

Thank you very much Denam! 

I have just asked to our Boomi developer to check the settings in Boomi!

Thank you so much!

Kind regards, 

Balazs

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi hhy38, 

Regards, 

Balazs

Hi,

Thanks.

Hi Denam, 

I discussed with our Boomi developer and the issue is: 

In order to use any integration, we have to import it through Boomi IFS connector

Boomi IFS connector uses "main" integration point "AllProjections" to import the definition of access point (e.g. (“…/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/AllProjections.svc/Projections(ProjectionName='PurchaseOrderHandling'”)). 

This is hardcoded in Boomi connector and cannot be changed.

1. Connection configuration (just server URL, no MAIN or INT)
  2. Operation configuratoin (Integration selected)

1. Error message including INT URL

If you have any other thoughts (e.g.:  how we can exporing the REST API definitions for example the PurchaseOrderHandling API) that would be great! 

Thank you very much in advance! 

Kind regards, 

Balazs

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Balazs,

It seems like you are having some certificate issue with the atom. Please follow the community post to import the SSL certificate into your atom and remember to restart the atom before proceeding. I hope this will fix the error.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Balazs,

It seems like you are having some certificate issue with the atom. Please follow the community post to import the SSL certificate into your atom and remember to restart the atom before proceeding. I hope this will fix the error.

Thanks.

Hi Denam, 

Thank you so much for your answer. Our team reviewed the certificates on Boomi side and you were right! Issue was with the certificates.

Briefly: With our previous test environment, we used self-signed certificates, when the IFS app server issued the certificate. But with the new test App server we have a different method to issue the certificates. 

We reviewed our certificates in Boomi, then re-imported the certificate which fits for the new App server and the issue is gone. 

Thank you very much again for the help!

Kind regards, 

Balazs

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Balazs,

Thanks.

Hi Denam, 

Thank you so much for your answer. Our team reviewed the certificates on Boomi side and you were right! Issue was with the certificates.

Briefly: With our previous test environment, we used self-signed certificates, when the IFS app server issued the certificate. But with the new test App server we have a different method to issue the certificates. 

We reviewed our certificates in Boomi, then re-imported the certificate which fits for the new App server and the issue is gone. 

Thank you very much again for the help!

Kind regards, 

Balazs

Great to hear that Balazs.

/Denam