Solved

Is it possible to add a field to a Subscription?

• 14 September 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 117 replies

Hello,

We are using Apps 10, UPD11

Is it possible to add a field to the list of fields in the Subscription?  For AR Customer Invoices Analysis, we’d like to add “Status”.  

Thank you,

Joann

icon

Best answer by Kasun Balasooriya 14 September 2021, 20:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @jtobin ,

As noted in the documentation, Not all logical units and fields are available for subscription. Given below are the requirements for a logical unit and its fields to be subscribable. Pleaser refer the following extract : 

Subscribable Logical Units and Fields

Not all logical units and fields are available for subscription. Given below are the requirements for a logical unit and its fields to be subscribable.

Logical Unit

• Logical Unit must have a base table.
  • Objkey/Rowkey and OBJID must be available and enabled on the logical unit.

Fields

• Field must be available in both the base table and the view currently used in the client form. Both the view and the table must be of the same logical unit. (e.g. client side derived attributes are not supported)
  • Field must have valid Foundation1 properties
  • Data type must be NUMBER, DATE or VARCHAR2. CLOB columns are not currently supported.

Documentation link:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/010_overview/270_monitoring/about_obj_subscription/default.htm#Subscribable_Fields

If the status is not listed under the filed list available for subscription, it is most likely due to one of the above reasons. Hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello @Kasun Balasooriya,

Thank you for your response and the link to the documentation. It does look like it’s available in Aurena but we won’t be moving to Aurena for quite some time.  Do you know why it would be available in Aurena but not IEE?

Thanks,

Joann 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Joann,

If you add the Subscription in Aurena, does it trigger on the field you want, even if the change is made in IEE? I realize that is not a solution (having to go to Aurena for anything you wish to subscribe to), but it is certainly interesting!

If the field is available in Aurena but not IEE, I will have to debug what code is being called to create the trigger and see what the difference is…

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello @sutekh137.  Thank you for the suggestion!  It is worth trying.  And it may encourage some users to use Aurena for certain tasks, which will in turn get them comfortable using Aurena.

Thank you,

Joann

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@jtobin 

@sutekh137 

Hi Joe or Joann,

Curious whether a work around has been found for subscription to Invoice status (without Aurena as we’re in V9)?  We have a similar requirement where the status of payment against an invoice would like to be checked or monitored.  The Invoice status going to PaidPosted would be ideal for this, but the status column unavailable prevents that function - I haven’t found another method to track a payment from AR against a particular invoice/order - but that is the user request.

Thanks,

Shawn

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@ShawnBerk 

I am not sure where @jtobin landed on all this -- not even sure the Aurena idea worked when it came to changed in IEE.

I have not played around any more with this.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Thanks Joe ( @sutekh137 )

I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion it isn’t possible in IEE or at least in V9 to get a notification of when a payment is applied to a particular invoice.  There isn’t enough information that changes (date or other fields aside from Status) rather the best available is the connection of a voucher or customer payment that appears.  Those things however are secondary connections to the invoice which has no simple connection to trigger off of.

I’m going to go the retroactive reporting route, but it still means a list of a 100 things per week to look at to find the 1 of interest.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk @sutekh137  I’m checking with the user to find out if they implemented the suggested workaround.  I’ll post the information here if I get any feedback on it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk @sutekh137 The user said the problem remains, so the Aurena idea didn’t change IEE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@jtobin 

Thank you Joann for the confirmation.