Question

Integration Projection throwing error ODP_DESERIALIZATION_ERROR with complex parameter (List)

• 18 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Seeing if anyone has run into a similar error when creating an integration projection.  If the parameter of the REST service is a complex type List<Structure(MyStructure)>, a ODP_DESERIALIZATION_ERROR error is thrown.  If I set the parameter to just a structure Structure(MyStructure) it works fine.  

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Solution - I was able to mitigate the error by Correcting the parameters passed to match type definitions in the structure. :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I‘ve got the same error when trying to execute a simple transport task

And then I can manage the issue by adding two parameters to the header request

• Accept: application/json;odata.metadata=full;IEEE754Compatible=true
  • Content-Type: application/json;IEEE754Compatible=true
Badge +3

I‘ve got the same error when trying to execute a simple transport task

And then I can manage the issue by adding two parameters to the header request

• Accept: application/json;odata.metadata=full;IEEE754Compatible=true
  • Content-Type: application/json;IEEE754Compatible=true

This did work for me. Thanks!

Please note, that these two parameters are common on headers. So if those two parameters are already available (sometimes it will be hidden in postman then unhide them,) uncheck them and then create these two parameters again with above values.

In my scenario, it was still returning the same error until I removed the by default parameters and create them with above content, then it was working fine for me.

Postman Header (hidden) Parameters

I got the values for parameters Content-Type and Accept via the REST API call in Development Tool → Network Tab → [desired REST call] → reading though the header information for the request

DevTools (F12)

Hope these additional details are helpful!

/Rimaz