Question

Inquiry Regarding IFS User Activity Tracking

• 26 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am currently seeking assistance in identifying a reliable method for tracking user activity within our IFS system. As part of our company policy, we need to maintain a comprehensive list of currently active users and their corresponding activity history within the system.

My initial investigation led me to the "fnd_client_logon_tab" table, which should ideally contain information about active users. However, to my surprise, the table appears to be empty, leading me to suspect a possible system error. Consequently, I am seeking clarification on whether this observed behavior indicates a technical issue that requires resolution.

Furthermore, I came across the "FND_SESSION_RUNTIME" view, which I hoped could serve as an alternative solution for tracking user activity. However, it appears that the records within this view have a short lifespan and rapidly disappear, rendering it ineffective for our intended purpose of monitoring user activity over time.

I am reaching out to inquire if there is an established, reliable approach or another suitable method to achieve the desired functionality. Our company's policy mandates the ability to ascertain which users are actively working within the IFS system at any given time, as well as maintaining a historical record of user activity.

Your expertise in this matter would be greatly appreciated. If there are any specific procedures, views, or tables that are better suited to accomplish our objectives, kindly provide guidance on how to access and utilize them effectively.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to your valuable insights and assistance in resolving this issue promptly.

4 replies

Badge +2

This discussion might be helpful on configuring FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB.

How to setup history logs for FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB | IFS Community

Badge +1

This discussion might be helpful on configuring FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB.

How to setup history logs for FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB | IFS Community

Where can I find this functionality in IFS Cloud?

Badge +2

In IFS cloud we have History log configuration under Solution Manager / Monitoring / History. This functionality provides a way of logging all the interested transactions in the database. It can be set to detect changes such as inserts, updates or deletes on the table level and then log the chosen attributes.

Following the setup, History log will be available in below History Log screen.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

FND_CLIENT_LOGON_TAB logs .NET (IEE) _CLIENT_ data in Apps10 and previous. There’s no .NET Client in CLOUD, so this table is unused.