Solved

IFS Cloud Web DevTools - how to install extension

• 26 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi All,

I’ve watched the 5 min video on IFS Academy on the IFS Cloud Web DevTools. It seemed like an extremely useful chrome extension that makes troubleshooting/debugging much more easier.

When I go to Add-Ons, I don’t see anything related to IFS Cloud Web DevTools. I tried using 21R1 and also 22R1.

Any idea since which version this tool will be available? It it only from 22R2?

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 26 January 2023, 23:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Marcel.Ausan,

I can see it IFS Cloud 22R2 reference environments. However you should be able to install it from Chrome Web store. You can access it via this link

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for the link to add the Chrome extension @Charith Epitawatta . I was expecting that after I add the extension, when I press CTRL + Shift + I to go to developer tools I’ll see a tab for IFS Cloud which I don’t see.

Does the IFS version need to be 22R2 to see that IFS Cloud dedicated tab in the developer tools?

Or is it that when you start Debugger in 22R2, it will open up the DevTools as a separate window altogether?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

You need to enable the Chrome extension and enable the Devtools link from IFS Cloud. After that You should see the “IFS Cloud” tab in the top bar of Chrome developer tools. 

I’ve seen the “enable devtools link” menu only in IFS Cloud 22R2 so I assume the Devtools extension is not working correctly in earlier versions of IFS Cloud

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

You need to enable the Chrome extension and enable the Devtools link from IFS Cloud. After that You should see the “IFS Cloud” tab in the top bar of Chrome developer tools. 

I’ve seen the “enable devtools link” menu only in IFS Cloud 22R2 so I assume the Devtools extension is not working correctly in earlier versions of IFS Cloud

All clear @AveTonitM . Thanks for confirming.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I’m not seeing it in our 22R2 install.  What service update is it included with?  I know I can download it from Chrome, but curious, so I can tell our customers.