Question

IFS Cloud Report Designer Company Logo not appearing

• 15 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I am trying to get our company logo to appear on the built in .rdl reports that come with IFS Cloud, but they aren’t appearing. The IFS logo doesn’t appear either, which I thought was weird, but when I delete it, and add my own logo (I’ve mapped the image location to my local machine, renamed the file to complogo, converted the png to a gif, added it to the proper folder location), nothing appears on the form. 

All other changes appear, but anything to do with images wont work. I’d appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Bryan  

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

In IFS Cloud, report images are now best handled by uploading directly from the application rather than depositing the image file in a location on the application server.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/050_reporting/251_operational_reporting/210_report_images/

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I did this and followed the documentation.  Logos and images do not seem to work (I tried gif, png, and jpg).  Oddly, the same images work as watermarks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

also, explicit http images don’t show up either.

Badge +3

To get a logo onto the reports, import the logo here:

Then add the file name to the company and it will automatically show up on the reports that you run from within the Aurena application:

In my experience, the logo normally does not work when you are using local previews from report designer.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I figured this out last night for images that are not CompanyLogo.JPG or IFSlogobw.gif.   IFS Tech documentation is wrong as it says you should turn off default logotype support and remove explicit and fallback path.  Instead, I got them to work as follows:

1.  Images that are saved in report images have to use an explicit path with the backslashes as follows:  ORDER\CUSTOMER_ORDER_CONF_REP\image.gif.  For some reason report designer by default uses the forward slashes and so the images never show up in the report either in designer or through Aurena.  This method works in both.
  2. Logos that are saves in report images have to use an explicit path that is just the name of the file: logo.png.  This also works in both report designer and in Aurena.