Question

IFS Cloud 23R2 - Text Translations

• 21 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +12

Hello,

I’m trying to add translations to fields and screen label values through the ‘Text Translations’ screen. After updating the text, I’ve Approved the translation and refreshed the language cache by Language option. But I do not see any changes to the field label value in Work Order screen. I’ve validated the same in Build Place and CFG environments.

Example: Directive field is renamed as Description

Is there any other step I’m missing? Please advice.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Bump, I've the same question. Or should this change to label not at all be handled via translation, but directly on page via page designer and use context mapping or something like that?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@eqbstal @Priyanka Cecilia V you may give it a try with refreshing the client cache.

Added Translation Not Showing/Working Even After Cache Refresh In IFS Cloud | IFS Community

On a different note, if you are doing the translations to Core layer directly in the useplaces (CFG/UAT/TST) and not start from the build place, please know that the translations will be lost the next time a release update is applied.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Priyanka Cecilia V 

From the screenshot, I suspect that you are doing the translation in the wrong path.

In IFS Cloud, it’s bit confusing to find the correct path for translations. Below step could help you to do it properly.

Go to the page designer of the page and find the  

Ex: Work Order Directive field is in the WoErrDescrFieldSet field set

Go to the Text Translations and search for path ~WoErrDescrFieldSet and component wo

(idea here is to minimize the records retrieved. You can add more search criteria to uniquely identify the field)

Find the correct page(s) you want to add the translation since same text or field set can be used in many pages.

Edit translation and then refresh language cache.

Hope it helps!

Damith