How to test SFTP readers/senders in IFS Cloud?

• 17 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Issue:

After completing the configuration for SFTP readers/senders according to the following documentation, how to test the functionality of SFTP readers/senders?

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/030_administration/030_integration/300_ifs_connect/010_configure_connect/060_transport_connectors/configure_sftp_transport_connector/#sftp_sender_specific_parameters

Resolution:

According to RnD team,

• There is no functionality like having a test button or whatsoever now to test SFTP readers/senders after the configuration is completed.
  • There are internal discussions to include functionality to test SFTP sender like in IFS Application 10. 
  • For SFTP reader you can test the connection by checking whether FTP location has the access by using a third-party tool like "FileZilla".

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Looking for guidance as well as we have followed the documentation and cannot establish a connection.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Looking for guidance as well as we have followed the documentation and cannot establish a connection.  

For SFTP reader you can test the connection by checking whether FTP location has the access by using a third-party tool like "FileZilla".

Also, check the Application Messages window. If there are any configuration issue related with the SFTP readers/senders, it can be identified from there.

Badge +3

Hi All,

I am trying send the file to an SFTP directory but, I am getting the below error in IFS Version - 23R2. I can connect to the SFTP server using Filezilla.

The host is an IP. could it be the issue using IP address in IFS? 

I tried with a different SFTP server where host is a domain name (not an IP address) and it is working fine.

Any thoughts how to resolve this issue?

Thank you,

/Jeewan