Solved

How to modify license connected permission set?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

We have a permission set for LTU users and is included in the license key. Now we need to modify this permission set to grant some extra presentation objects. Since this is connected to LTU license, we are not getting the RMB option "Merge grants from other permission set". Instead we have a other RMB option as “Remove License Connection”. We clicked on this “Remove License Connection” and we got the below message

We clicked Yes. Then it threw below error.

Can I anyone suggest on how we can modify this permission set?

icon

Best answer by Mounika 25 June 2023, 19:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

As far as I know this is a limitation of LTU permissions. 

The permissions are created by you or IFS and then the license is provided by IFS for that specific permission set as designed.  I don’t know if what you’re trying to add is just e.g. custom fields for that LTU area or totally different screens, but either way I think the limitation is the same for you.  The LTU licenses cost less to purchase because they are limited and if you could simply add more accesss to them they would potentially no longer be so.

Perhaps someone from IFS has a better answer for you for options on how to work with them to update the licensed permission set, or maybe reach out to your customer success partner there to see what - if any - your options are.

Nick

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @NickPorter ,

We created a LTU permission set and generated license for it. Now we want to modify this permission set but it is not allowing us to.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Yes, I understand the problem but the LTU license is custom generated to match the permission set that was created, so I don’t think you can change it yourself… the LTU would no longer match the content of the permission set.

As noted, I would suggest you contact your IFS account manager to see if they have direction on how to the process of how to modify and get the LTU re-created to match (of possible).

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@NickPorter 

Okay, will check with IFS account manager as suggested.

Thanks a lot for your responses 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Mounika 

you need to create a new permission set and provide it to IFS. They will generate a new LTU permission set, which you have to import to IFS.

You can’t change a LTU permission set by yourself. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

As I know we can modify LTU permission set only by changing access within availables presentation objects/projections. If You wan to grant new presentation object only way is to contact with IFS. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

We found the solution as described in the below post:

Here is the summary of steps:

In order to edit a LTU permission set which is connected to a license:

1. Go to the permission set screen and search for your LTU permission set. RMB > Remove License Connection
  2. The system prompts to convert the users using this permission set to Full License Users. Click Yes. This removes the license connection.
  3. Make necessary changes to the LTU permission set
  4. Export the updated permission set as LTU
  5. Send the exported file to IFS [License.Generation@ifs.com] for new license generation
  6. Apply the new license in Production

Note: We need to follow the same steps each time you need to add or remove any object grant from the LTU permission set.