Question

How to make a custom field Insertable but not editable?

• 13 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello everyone,

I have created a custom entity on IFS Cloud. One attribute is the SITE_CODE and the other one is the description. Both are persistent fields.

On my page I want the SITE_CODE to be insertable but not editable once inserted.

In the entity, I have configured the SITE_CODE field as follows :

However, on the page, while creating a new record, the SITE_CODE field is grayed out. 

I tried to check the “Editable ” parameter on the page designer for this field but this makes the field editable even after a record is created.

Can someone please help me with this case?

Thanks in advance.

Rouvanen,

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

What version of IFS Cloud are you using?

What you have done to set up the custom attribute as insertable and not updatable is correct … you should not need to set the field as editable in Page Designer.

I just recreated the scenario in both IFS Cloud 21R2 & 22R1 and I am experiencing the same behaviour, I think this is an issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

What version of IFS Cloud are you using?

What you have done to set up the custom attribute as insertable and not updatable is correct … you should not need to set the field as editable in Page Designer.

I just recreated the scenario in both IFS Cloud 21R2 & 22R1 and I am experiencing the same behaviour, I think this is an issue.

Thanks for your reply  ,

I am using  - IFS Aurena client version: 21.2.1.20211105061905.0

Please let me know if you have any updates. ☹️

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello,

I also have the same problem on 21R2.

Seems that compared to Apps 10, we cannot define secondary keys in a custom entity (versus a Custom Logical Unit). This would also mean that duplicate records can be created. Feedback on this problem would really be helpful.

Regards,

Trishen