Solved

How to join PDF file (link !) in report designer

• 9 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello,

Is it possible in report designer to add link to pdf file (1) like for examlple "Terms of Sales".

On production when we launch report it should print standart pdf report including the pdf file (1) !

Tks

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 12 March 2022, 11:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @r_tebani,

I am not sure if you can do this with Report Designer, but the best way to achieve this would be with Report Rules. There is an action type called “Insert PDF” in Report Rules, which allows you to insert a PDF file to a desired location of the report, such as the end of the report, beginning of the report etc., which is ideal for something like this. 

Even if you had to revise the terms document, you do not have to update the report layout all over again with the revised version of the PDF; you just need to upload it to the application via IEE.

Find the documentation for Report Rules here and look up the “Insert PDF” action type:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/250_operational_reporting/070_report_rules/default.htm#Action_types_and_report_rule_engine

PDFs can be uploaded using the “PDF Inserts” window in IEE:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/250_operational_reporting/090_pdf_inserts/default.htm

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

Tks Charith for your answer,

You talk about Rules, is that something to do in IFS or in the report designer ?

sorry fot those questions i am just begening with IFS :slight_smile:

Br,

R_tebani

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @r_tebani,

Report Rules are configured from the application, so you don’t need to know how to use the Report Designer tool.

Please go through the documentation for report rules, which I mentioned in my previous reply. It has detailed instructions on how to use the report rules functionality. And if you run into any issues while configuring them, you can always create a topic in IFS Community and get some help. :)