Question

How to handle a Mandatory Insert column in an Excel Migration Job Modify method

• 6 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

We have an Excel migration job to append or update purchase price list records. 
The method we use is PURCHASE_QUANTITY_PRICE_API, with New and Modify checked. 

In this method there are columns for a rental indicator, with flags MI (Mandatory Insert) 

When we leave the Default Value for these fields empty, the job runs into an error because the column is mandatory. 
When we put a default value like above the inserts run fine, but on modifying an existing record the response is: “Field [RENTAL] in Purchase Quantity Price may not be modified.” 

How can we work around this?
Is it for example possible to check the existance of the record in the SOURCE_COLUMN?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi ReinierHulsman,

I’m also facing the same error. Could you please explain to us how it is solved?

Thanks,

Jagan

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Solved:

I deleted the “Rental” fields in the migration job on the source mapping tab, and it is working.

Thanks,

Jagan.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Solved:

I deleted the “Rental” fields in the migration job on the source mapping tab, and it is working.

Thanks,

Jagan.

Badge +2

Hi @ReinierHulsman,

I’m not sure whether you have ever solved that issue, but I had experienced the same problem, and after I unchecked the “On Modify” value for RENTAL_DB in the Method List Attribute, I haven’t got that error message anymore, and I can also update existing records and insert new ones as well. (To excess Method List Attribute, right click on the PURCHASE_QUANTITY_PRICE view on the Method List tab of the Migration Job.)

Regards,
Adam