How to create despatch advice DESADV for EDI

• 15 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
  • Superhero (Customer)
  • 949 replies

Dear IFS experts,

in which IFS screen can we create a despatch advice (DESADV) for an EDI customer?

Finally there should be a xml file. And in which cases can I export it?

Which IFS connect settings do we need?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

You can check this in online documentation, but in general:

• Configure DESADV class id message in customer. In order to be created as an xml file to be sent, you just need to select media code= ‘INET_TRANS’ and Address = ‘CONNECT’. System will then generate an application message with the xml file. 
  • You can decide if generating the DESADV automatically by checking this checkbox in customer:
  • Also, it can be sent manually from either the shipment (if part is delivered with shipment) or Print Delivery Note window (if delivered without shipment)
  • You need also to configure a Routing Rule and Routing Address to select the destination of the xml file generated.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Pilar Franco 

I’ve already did all settings and it works.

The checkbox “Send Automatically” in customer is also interesting.

In which state (screen shipment) is it going to send the DESADV automatically?

Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello,

I was wondering if the DESADV, when sent from supplier site to customer site triggered bookings in accounting or should the goods be registered into arrival manually to trigger the first bookings linked to the transaction ? 

My scenario is : supplier receives a PO from internal customer, and sends 1/12 of the order each month starting in january - the invoice is sent to customer in december ; each month customer must register cost for 1/12 of PO and supplier registers revenue for 1/12 of CO too.

Do you have any idea how this could work with message setups DESADV and RECADV is some automation is linked to the msg class or with any other option you could share?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Link,

As the definition states, DESADV will be created automatically when the shipment is delivered, so then when the Deliver step is performed.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @MelTanyaS

The bookings in accounting are only done when corresponding inventory transactions are transferred to Accounting. This doesn’t depend on any message class. But, when processing the incoming DESADV you perform manually the arrival transaction (or it can be also manual receipt), that will be later transferred to Accounting.

The use of RECADV is only to confirm that the quantities arrived and were approved, which permits to invoice a customer order, if deliveries needs to be confirmed. So then, RECADV wouldn’t automate any booking of the revenue, in this case.

Normally, both arrivals (in customer side) and invoicing (in supplier side) are processes that require manual intervention, for obvious reasons (to check physically the parts received, and to confirm manually the amounts to be invoiced), although invoicing could be automated and scheduled with the standard batch processes (Batch Create Customer Invoices and Batch Print Customer Invoices).

I hope this clarifies your question.

Regards,

Pilar