Question

How do you resolve user "No access" issues (Cloud)

• 9 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Hi all,

As an admin user just wanted to know how you’d go about resolving the standard “No access” permission issues encountered by users. The below is how I follow now - which is pretty long and tedious. Are there any shorter, faster, and effective ways?

1. The user gets thrown with the standard error.
  2. I log on to the web client as IFSAPP, then I apply the user’s permission sets to my personal IFS account.
  3. I log on to web client with Chrome browser as my personal IFS account, and enable IFS Cloud Web DevTools under Developer Tools.
  4. Then access the same page in the screenshot, and observe I too get thrown with the same error.
  5. Using Devtools, find the projection that is causing the error, and then grant appropriate Full or Read Only access to the user.

This process works fine. Where it fails is when multiple users are having access issues so switching my permission sets to users multiple times is painful.

Are there better ways to do this?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@athasanka

This is bit of a technical way to find it. Since sometimes the projection in the URL you try is not the one that gives the access issue. You can try to find it out accurately by using below steps:

1.open the log window. You can find it like below

2.Now try the accessing the window where you get this error

3.go to the log window and search for the word FnDPorejectionGrant.SRV_NOT_ACCESS

In there you can see the projection id you are missing. For example in below TechnicalObjectRefereneceAttachmentHandling is the missing projection grant

4.Now you can grant that permission to the relevant user.

Hope this helps