Solved

Grant permission to 'sticky notes'

• 15 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

Hello!

I can’t grant permission to sticky notes to the permission set.

I’ve already gave ‘Activity’ ‘ManageNotes’. Any other ideas?

It is frame “frmEmployeeEquipmentCard”.

I know that’s question of security, because one user can with some permission set and other can’t with another permission set.

Greetings,

Gerard

icon

Best answer by gerwal 18 June 2020, 13:01

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Gerard,

Does it work in other screens? So the security setting?

The screen you mention ‘frmEmployeeEquipmentCard’ is a rather new screen in IFS 10 and it might have a hickup (you will have to make an LCS case for IFS in that situation).

I’ve read and heard that sticky notes are not available in Aurena. As far as I can remember there are no thoughts to push them in. This means that you will loos that information when upgrading.

Steve

Badge +2

Steve,

I use IFS 8...

The sticky notes are working here with ‘full’ permission set. My problem is that I create separate permission set for this frame (and few others) and when I change the role for the test user from ‘full’ to this new (‘limited’) the sticky notes disappear.

Gerard

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

gerwal,

IFS8 and the screen you mention ‘frmEmployeeEquipmentCard’ is available for you (learned something here about what is available in IFS8). Must be a piece in a module that I don’t have. Have you checked other screens, so is it only on this screen that you have problems?

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @gerwal ,

Notes are controlled from Presentation Object EE_NOTES_CONFIG

BR,

Damith

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Found that there’s a more comprehensive answer on this topic already available.

Pls check https://community.ifs.com/technology-all-about-the-nuts-and-bolts-that-make-it-work-50/how-to-enable-sticky-notes-for-users-112

Badge +2

@Damith

I gave:

Now the user can add Sticky Note, but after adding and refreshing (Shift+F5) the sticky note disappears.

The other user with full permission can see it, but user who added can’t.

I think it needs some more permission.

Talking about Object Connection I have:

Is that correct?

I think it is, because user with full privilleges see the notes.

Gerard

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @gerwal 

If user can add note but can’t see, may be it’s due to lacking of permission.

Check whether your permission set have FND_NOTE_BOOK granted. May be it will solve the issue.

/Damith

Badge +2

Hello again,

Thanks for the advices.

I gave permission to: EE_NOTES_CONFIG, FndNoteBook and FndNotePage.

Still the same. User can add Note but it dissapear after refreshing.

Gerard

Badge +2

I made it. It was lack of permission to one view: COMPANY_PERSON_ALL. The permission set had COMPANY_PERSON, but it was not enough. Thanks everybody for help!

Gerard