Grant Permission by page in Aurena

• 9 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  • Superhero (Partner)
  • 671 replies

Hi All,

Is it possible to grant/revoke permission by page in Aurena?

When we grant a projection to a permission set, lots of pages connected to the projection is available in the navigator.

Example scenario:

I just want to enable Quick Absence

In Aurena go to

Solution Manager > Security > Permission Sets > Permission Set > Projections and Lobby Pages → Manage By Navigator

choose Quick Absence from navigator, Edit projection access for selected pages. In the Manage Projection Grants page, only the projection can be granted. I need to remove the other pages granted along with this but seems it’s not possible. Is there another way to handle this than hiding from navigator?

Cheers!

Damith

icon

Best answer by Krister Liljedahl 9 March 2021, 15:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Damith,

No, security in Aurena is based on the projections, so if you grant a projection to a user, that user will get access to all the pages belonging to that projection. 

I’m afraid you will have to hide the navigator entries for the pages you do not want the users to see. 

Regards,

Krister

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

So where did the granularity go? Data on the tabs in a page (let's say no part tab in procurement) is automatically allowed while I might not want that.

Does it mean that I need to prepare a lot of events that will validate if a specific part of IFS is used?

In Aurena/IFS21 and up, do I have to prepare a lot of Context settings?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So where did the granularity go? Data on the tabs in a page (let's say no part tab in procurement) is automatically allowed while I might not want that.

Does it mean that I need to prepare a lot of events that will validate if a specific part of IFS is used?

In Aurena/IFS21 and up, do I have to prepare a lot of Context settings?

Common practice for cloud is hiding the fields/commands/tabs/pages using context and assigned the context by user group/company...etc. Please let know if you find any other ways.

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Ok, thanks dsj. I've been working on and off with IFS10/Aurena and starting 2022 only working with IFS21R2 and up.

The configuration using context opens up a new area of security and application maintenance. A can of worms as well. Back to the drawing board for me.