Solved

Fetching Translated values for Enumerations in Projections

• 30 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Guys,

Im working on a integration where I try to fetch data from a projection end-point and show the dataset in a third party client. Here’s a screencap of a Postman request where it fetches the dataset from  InventoryPartInStockHandling.svc/InventoryPartInStockSet entityset

The dataset contains the Enumeration “LocationType” which is Translatable.

Problem is that I CAN NOT fetch translated value for the “LocationType” if i want to use a language other than English. I tried setting the Accept-Language header and specifying the language (ex: sv-SE for Swedish) but it still returns the same dataset as before (see the screencap).

Since im only using the projection layer i cant rely on Aurena Client metadata service for translations. Is there anyway that I can fetch Translated values for a dataset returned from a projection ?

icon

Best answer by Jonas Feigl 1 October 2021, 03:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@irshad Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. The value returned by the projection for any enumeration attributes always just contains the ID of the individual enum value. The translations are only available in the Arena client metadata but not via the projections.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Jonas Feigl thank you for the clarification. Are there any plans to support this in future versions ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@irshad I don’t think this is currently on the roadmap. This is a request I have heard before though so I have just documented this as an idea: