Solved

Event Action condition IS NOT NULL

• 9 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Dear Community, 

Maybe you have some ideas for our small issue. 

We are using Apps10 UPD14.

We have some email sending event actions, but not all the time we have “To:” email addresses (coming from substitution field: &EMAIL_SENDER_ADDR). 

If there is no value in the &EMAIL_SENDER_ADDR the Application message status will be Failed because no To: address. 

Question is: how can I tell the event action, it should perform the event only if the &EMAIL_SENDER_ADDR IS NOT NULL? 

Can I use e.g.: = ‘%’ or LIKE ‘%’ or do you know any trick? 

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestion!

Kind regards, 

Balazs

icon

Best answer by jaw 9 January 2024, 17:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi,

We faced the same issue. LIKE % will be true for any value other than NULL and not fire the action.

Good luck!

Alexander

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @bapehu . I can confirm that what @jaw has said should work. Actually using “=%” should also work.

For future reference: The conditions for the “=” option are actually evaluated by database method “Report_SYS.Parse_Parameter” which supports all the usual search syntaxes that are also available in the client. This includes wildcards “A%”, lists “B;C;D”, ranges “E..G”, or a combination of it “A%;B;C;D;E..G”.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi,

We faced the same issue. LIKE % will be true for any value other than NULL and not fire the action.

Good luck!

Alexander

Thank you very much Alexander, I tried and works! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @bapehu . I can confirm that what @jaw has said should work. Actually using “=%” should also work.

For future reference: The conditions for the “=” option are actually evaluated by database method “Report_SYS.Parse_Parameter” which supports all the usual search syntaxes that are also available in the client. This includes wildcards “A%”, lists “B;C;D”, ranges “E..G”, or a combination of it “A%;B;C;D;E..G”.

Hi Jonas, 

Thank you so much the explanation and the examples! Very helpful to understand if we have more possibilities! 

Kind Regards, 

Balazs