Solved

Error "An entry with same key already exists"

• 17 August 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

User getting above error on page, we have deleted appsdata for user , we have ran command prompt rundll32 dfshim Clean Online App Cache and error still occurring.  Can anyone help ?????

icon

Best answer by durette 17 August 2021, 16:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @klorimer ,

At what time you get the error ? Is this specific to a particular window ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Dumeesha, 

User got error last week but only reported it to me yesterday and it is only happening in the Shop Orders window.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@klorimer 

Have you confirmed this happens for all records on the shop orders window or only a certain search?

Have you tried another user doing the exact same search?

Have you tried logging in as the user from a different machine?

I know these aren’t solutions, but I think there needs to be more details and isolation of the issue before anyone can suggest a solution.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Shawn, 

The error occurs when loading the page we don’t get to the search function , and yes I have logged the user in on my machine and error still occurring. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK, that is useful info.  These are the steps I would take if I were troubleshooting this further:

• Back up their personal profile and remove it from their user.  Replace the profile or login as them and create a new one.  Then try the page.
  • If it still persists, then measures become a bit drastic I’m afraid:
    • Strip all permissions from the user except those needed to login
    • Switch to another base profile for the user
    • Clear the personal profile as above
    • Refresh the security and dictionary caches
    • Clear the 2.0 folder and Clean the App cache as before
    • (I would say reboot, but as you’ve logged in as them on another machine, that seems unnecessary)
    • Login as the user and again create or start a personal profile
    • Depending on the permissions, see if they can navigate to the Shop Orders view.  If not enough permissions, logout and grant the necessary permissions to see the screen and at least search.
    • Try to use the screen - if it works, logout and restore the permissions for the user
    • If it still doesn’t work, I would log a case as I’m not sure what else I would check
Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi 

I have logged in and created a new profile and this allows me to access the shop orders page but I am unsure how to copy and remove the old profile ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi 

Can you also advise if this user is going to loose all his saved searches /shortcuts on his original profile ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

From

Solution Manager > User Interface > User Profiles > New Base Profile

You can Export to File and Import from File from this view for Base or Personal profiles, but this is the whole profile, likely including the corrupted portion.

To copy, you can view from the Profile Content tab > RMB > Copy Branch to copy sections from one branch to another.  I would do this only if there are saved searches and column changes on other views that need retained.  I would avoid copying the whole profile if you haven’t isolated what was corrupted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Hi 

Can you also advise if this user is going to loose all his saved searches /shortcuts on his original profile ?

Yes, if you start from a bare profile, it won’t have these things in it, but you can copy and paste individual items if the user has a lot of changes.  This is the tedious part of rebuilding a proflie.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’ll bet it’s the sort order giving you trouble. If that’s the case, there’s no need to lose the entire profile.

Here’s what I believe is happening:

• The application generates a set of hard-coded defaults for profile values.
  • The IFS Standard profile is laid on top of that.
  • The base profile is then laid on top of that.
  • Finally, the user’s personal profile gets laid on top of that.

When you deploy an IFS delivery or a new custom field, that first layer--the application’s field ordering--can shift around. The resulting overlay of these four data sources can then result in two fields getting the same order index. When the application tries to build a unique set of key/value pairs, it will encounter two attempts to insert with the same key, and the second attempt will fail. (This  is happening on the client, not in the database.)

There’s no need to remove the whole profile if that’s the case.

Take a backup of their personal profile. Then go into their profile, navigate down to User/Windows/Features/tbwShopOrd, and delete the ColOrder entry.

Edit: You did say Shop Orders with an S, right? If you need this change on the Shop Order screen, you’ll need to go down to User/Windows/Features/frmShopOrd/Layoutand take out the Order entry.)

Edit again: If you have an extension layer, like the IFS Global Extension, you can safely ignore the _Ext suffix that gets added to the form names in the profile tree.