Downloading feature package takes too long

• 30 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
  • Superhero (Customer)
  • 943 replies

Hi everybody,

sometimes this pop-up window appears when I click on a particular screen from the IEE navigator.

The problem is that it takes more than 1 minute.

Do you have also the same problem?

What can we do for performance improvement?

Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Link  - this is a feature of the IEE client - the first time you open a screen or section in IFS, it needs to download the relevant sections of the client to the local machine.

The next time you access that same area in IFS, it doesn’t need to down load again - each time you open the application it checks for updates.

If you need to improve the performance of the download - I would suggest looking at the link between the local machines and the app server location…

HTH

Dave

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

I know it’s not really an answer to your question but just in case you didn’t already know.

You can go to Tools - Debug Console and in the Debug Console choose Tools - Download All Packages…

That way you won’t have to worry about the Downloading feature package-window for a while (until your next update)

BR​​​​​​​

Johan

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @JohanLindstrom 

thank you. It is a good idea for an administrator. 👍🏼 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Link  - this is a feature of the IEE client - the first time you open a screen or section in IFS, it needs to download the relevant sections of the client to the local machine.

The next time you access that same area in IFS, it doesn’t need to down load again - each time you open the application it checks for updates.

If you need to improve the performance of the download - I would suggest looking at the link between the local machines and the app server location…

HTH

Dave

Hi @WyrDavidB 

thank you also for the information.

I also suspect that the app server could be faster. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Link As you mentioned downloading 2,95 MB should not take more than 1 minute. Your network connection in use could be a reason but if you observe the same performance in different places then it should be something related to the server/ network configuration. 

Recently we are reported such issue and it was figured out that the issue is with the customer’s firewall settings. If this is a common issue for all users and all location, it would be ideal to investigate the configuration. Hope this helps !

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Buddhika Kurera 

that’s true. 

Then I will ask someone from the IT infrastructure to check it.

Many thanks!