Question

Could not load metadata for Application Screen

• 20 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello!

This has recently started occurring for me. When I try to access a screen in the system, specifically the Business Lead or Business Leads screens, I’m met with an message citing the Metadata could not be loaded. This also appears to be isolated to my user account as other individuals are able to load this with no issue.

I’ve cleared my browser cache completely.  

This article asked to export a .har file, which I have done and attached here. What are the steps I can take to resolve this?

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Clearing the user profile did not appear to address this issue either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Do you see this issue only for this particular page or all over in all pages?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

At the moment this appears to only be happening  for myself and one other individual on a few screens: the Business Lead and Business Leads. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Do you see this issue only with this user or with another user too?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Most likely one of your local dlls is not updated correctly.  I suggest the process IFS labels clearing cache.  Close any running instances of IFS on your PC.

open the Windows Start menu. 

In the Search box paste the following and press enter

rundll32 %windir%\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache

Remove the folder, located in C:\users\userid\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0.  Please note if you have any other click once .net install applications this may remove those as well.

Start IFS again.  This time it will download the application again.  You will also be downloading dlls again like you would notice after a patch install.  This should clear up the issue.