Solved

Cloud Documentation Search / Query Language Not Working

• 20 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I’ve noticed that, unless you search for something without the need for any operators or luck, you now get nothing returned as search documentation results. This happens with all available IFS Cloud Documentation and makes it realllly hard to find anything unless you’re already on the application page when seeking page help.

Has this been happening all along? We still aren’t live, but pretty sure I’m not mistaken.

Type in Customer Invoice and you’ll get this:

But Customer OR Invoice… nothing.

Additional context:

The online help documentation query language states the “text search engine allows queries to be formed from arbitrary Boolean expressions containing the keywords AND, OR, and NOT.

For example:

information retrieval: finds documents containing 'information' and 'retrieval'

information and retrieval: same as above

information or retrieval: finds documents containing either 'information' or 'retrieval'

information not retrieval: finds documents containing 'information' but not 'retrieval'

information near retrieval: finds documents where the two words a close to each other. The rank increases as word distance decreases.”

source: https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r1/OnlineDoc/query_language.htm?StandAlone=true

icon

Best answer by russellclayton 27 July 2023, 22:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Update: using quotes within the search does in fact work and is currently required to get results. I’m going to put in an ‘idea’ request to bring natural search results to the end user.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Issue has been fixed for 21.2.22 - 21R2 SU22,22.1.17 - 22R1 SU17,22.2.10 - 22R2 SU10,23.1.3 - 23R1 SU3.

The single quotes query method only goes so far, but we seem to be back to normal with closure of incident / case CS0149257.