Question

BPA - User Interactive Form Properties

• 13 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +12

Hello,

In BPA, for User Interactive Form, we have an option to select the form field type as ‘Custom Type’. I couldn’t find any documentation related to this property and how it can be used.

Also, for the ‘Text’ type we are unable to add Label values. Is there a possibility to include Label for text field and what is the maximum character length for this field?

Is there any documentation for these properties? We are using Cloud 23.1.3. Please advice.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

“custom type” is from the used library. In IFS context, it is not implemented.
“text” is  a special scenario which was introduced to address  the need of an un-editable field(much like a label only) in the user form. 
I feel like what you need is a “string” field. By selecting this you can give a localized label for your text field.
And, atm there’s no documentation around these.

Badge +12

Hi @Buddhi Gunasekara,

Thanks for the input. Yes, I’m using a string field but the maximum length is 2000 characters in the workflow as per the Known Limitations for Workflows - https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/040_tailoring/500_business_process_automation/200_workflow_limitations/.

So I’m looking if there is another option with an higher character limit. Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

This character length limitation is a hard limitation that affects all fields used in workflow. So, there’s no other option. You’ll have to limit the character length  that assigns to a field when using workflow or divide the field into more than one, so user naturally have less information for a single field(Not sure if this is feasible in your scenarios. Just giving you the option)