Solved

autonumber in custom field

• 17 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 107 replies

is it possible to use serial number ( incremental number) in a custom field.  i have created a custom field in business opportunity line and want to use autonumber when user is inputing the record. He may sometimes override this value. 

icon

Best answer by ZTC ZTC JGOTA 17 January 2022, 09:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @m.arif ,

Please refer the link given below.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I created something like that before.

I created a custom event and it will read the latest value from the custom field and I added 1 to the next value. You can play with the PLSQL code. When you create a custom field in a LU IFS automatically create a API which end with CFP. The best way to see the process is Open your Debug Console and try to add a value to the custom field and you will see what is the procedure used by IFS. You need to call the same procedure when you build your PLSQL code. I hope this help!.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

i want this sequence number to reset back to 1 once the new transaction is created. i saw both the solutions and found out that is is like a running serial number. for example every business opportunity line  must start with new number 1 as sequence or serial number at opportunity level. please share your custom event.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@m.arif  Unfortunately, I made the custom event in my previous work place.

Share an screenshot about what you are trying to do.

Let see if I can build it in my environment.

what is the logic in the custom field? what are you trying to display?. Each line in the Opportunity Lines has their own Lines No. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

can we have a small meeting @ZTC ZTC JGOTA  , I can walk you through the steps. share your email id , will send you an invite.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thank you so much @ZTC ZTC JGOTA . 

Badge +1

@ZTC ZTC JGOTA Hi Can you please tell us what you did for creating autonumbering custom field?