Solved

Aurena - Using a custom RMB from IEE to open a filtered Aurena Page

• 17 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

In IEE, I was able to create a custom RMB in the Person page to open up an Aurena Page in a new Microsoft Browser. Now I am trying to add a $filter string to have the Aurena Page filter by the Person from IEE. 

The IEE field that I want the RMB to use is “PERSON_ID” and the Aurena page person id field name is “Cf_Person_Id”. These are the $filter strings that I added at the end of my Aurena URL, hoping would filter the page:

1. ?$filter=Cf_Person_Id eq $[Person_Id]
  2. ?$filter=Cf_Person_Id eq $[Person_Id]$
  3. ?$filter=Cf_Person_Id eq $Person_Id

None of them work, the URL only works properly without these filter strings. Can we use an IEE field as a parameter in an RMB when opening up an Aurena URL and if so, how?

icon

Best answer by jamie.malangyaon 2 February 2023, 20:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @jamie.malangyaon,

Since you are navigating from IEE, the correct format should be as follows:

?$filter=Cf_Person_Id eq {$PERSON_ID}

Please see if above format works. Since the URL contains spaces, you may have to encode them. If the above does not work, try the following as well(spaces encoded as ‘%20’):

?$filter=Cf_Person_Id%20eq%20{$PERSON_ID}

You can find the documentation on how to use form data as parameters in Custom Menus here, where this is described:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/020_custom_objects/020_custom_menus/default.htm#How_to_use_form_data_in_parameters

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi Charith,

Thank you for your reply and the reference to the documentation! The ?$filter=Cf_Person_Id eq {$PERSON_ID} and ?$filter=Cf_Person_Id%20eq%20{$PERSON_ID} did not work but through trial and error I figured out that Aurena has a different way of passing parameters through their URL so I tweaked it a bit. I had to use this at the end of my Aurena URL: 

;$filter=Cf_Person_Id eq '{&PERSON_ID}'

I wouldn’t have been able to figure this out without your reply. Thanks again!