Solved

Application Server Tasks Were Set to Cancelled Status - What caused this to happen?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Problem:  Apps 10 customer had some of their Application Server Tasks updated automatically to “Cancelled” status.  They would like to find out the possible cause(s) of this change.

Recreated in core:  No.  Have only been able to get Application Server Tasks to “Fail” - but not to change them to “Cancelled”

Recreated in customer environment(s):  No - this has been a one-time occurrance

Business Impact:  Customer has been able to modify their Application Server Tasks to allow them to work since.

Importance:  This is of mild importance to the customer

Case ID:  G2318935

Request from R&D:  What events can cause Application Server Tasks to be set to to “Cancelled” status?

@Minoshini Fonseka @Anne Fernando - I believe this is related to Integration and Data Services...but if not, please help direct it to the appropriate SME within GSD.  If it is indeed Integration and Data Services related, please feel free to respond to the question.

icon

Best answer by udlelk 19 May 2022, 08:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Eugene Wager : Yeah, this could related to integrated. 
Was int server running at that point of time?

@Anne Fernando : I hope you may have an insight. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Eugene Wager Can you please specify which application server task were cancelled and also were there any information in the server logs related to this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

The customer sent us a set of screen shots of their cancelled tasks (which I’ve attached here).  They also sent us an IFSDUMP and copy of database alert log which I’ve reviewed as you suggested, Anne.  I couldn’t find any reference to any of these tasks in them.   I also looked other errors which I might’ve associated with this incident but didn’t recognize anything I saw in them as such.  We still have those copies available for further review if needed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Minoshini Fonseka - yes the Integration Server was running at the time prior to the customer noticing the change in state for these application server tasks, as shown in the IFSDUMP’s logs

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @udlelk, Can you please comment on this or tag a SME. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Setting an application server task (application message) to a Cancel state can only be done manually. Application Server Tasks are scheduled using a Database task. But still any database error/shutdown should make the Application Server Tasks in to Failed state. But not to Cancel.  I can’t think of a scenario that this happens automatically.