Solved

Application Messages - Access Denied due to system privilege configuration

• 29 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 5 replies

Afternoon,

I’ve noticed recently within our application messages we’re getting ‘spammed’ every 10 seconds with a failure for the same error. It seems to state the following for IFSAPP.

When I read the XML message embedded it states the issue could be with NotifyMe app which we don’t use currently;

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><MANAGEMOBILEAPPLICATION_LOADCLIENTMETADATA><APP_NAME>NotifyMe</APP_NAME><CLEAN_LOAD>FALSE</CLEAN_LOAD></MANAGEMOBILEAPPLICATION_LOADCLIENTMETADATA>

I tried to edit ‘Installed Apps/Devices’ for NotifyMe however, I get the exact same error within there also.

Any ideas on how to resolve, we’re on Apps 10 Upd12.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by RyanK 14 September 2023, 11:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

which user do you use when trying to administrate the Touch Apps?

You may need the TouchApps Admin Permission Set or the Admin privilege attached to your user through a Permission Set.

Badge +3

This issue is now resolved.

The problem was fixed by our external support and their findings are as follows;

An amendment was actually required to IFSConnect and not IFSAPP as per the error message was stating. A grant was required on to the IFS_ALL permission set to enable IFSConnect access to the ManageMobileApplication.

Once this was refreshed and all subsequent failures finished posting we no longer seen the error message above appear.

Steps to resolve

1. Amend IFS_APP permission set
  2. Grant ManageMobileApplication to that permission
  3. Ensure IFSConnect inherits a permission set that has ManageMobileApplication granted within it
  4. Refresh Cache
  5. Wait for all error messages to stop posting and retrying.

Thanks