Question

Wrong quantity, price amount and tax amount on some credit invoices

• 14 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

We are experiencing wrong tax amount, quantity and price amount on some credit invoices( Project Invoice). Only a few invoices are prone to the error, which seems to be related to how IFS group all the lines together. More specific, it happens when project transactions on the original invoice are diveded into different lines,  but with equal project id, sub project id, employee no,  report cost group id,  activity sequence, report cost code, sales price and some other fields. Then IFS will only put the transactions from the first line into the credit invoice, and then update all the correction project transactions regardless of which lines they belongs to.

Lets say we have three different lines on an invoice which matches the criteria given above. We then select “Credit Entire Invoice” on the original Project Invoice, which will result in only one line on the credit invoice, ignoring the other two lines. Furthermore, the project transactions belonging to line two and three in project transactions will be updated with the newly created invoice no, but not on the credit invoice itself. Thus the quantity and price amount will be wrong on the credit invoice,  but correct in project transactions. 

We also tested to create the correction transactions first from Project Transactions in stead of Project Invoice directly in order to add them to an invoice( Create Project Invoice) later on, but we noticed that each correction transaction had a reference to a line id with no corresponding invoice no. Thus, we was not able to add them to any invoice. However, if I manually removed the line id first in the database directly, we was able to add all the correction transactions to an invoice where both quantity and price amount was correct. 

It seems to be a simular situation regarding wrong tax amount. For example, IFS could put the tax amount from line one into tax amount for line two. 

Anyone else having problems with this? 

We are currently running Apps10 with Update 7. 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You will need to verify the tax control setup on company, customers, suppliers & parts.  There is an option to round up or down and then to have the tax on the line level or the total level.   Are you familiar with these settings?   

You are able to review the tax lines on each line of an order or invoice via RMB.  

I am not a tax expert but have run across similar situations that we had to work back to the setting changes.

Best -

Christy

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I have seen one our customers complaining about similar type of scenarios regarding tax. But we could not recreate the same issue. In this customer there are project transactions upgraded from Apps 7.5 to 10.

I think happens when you group and ungroup (by editing) project transactions attached to invoice line.

May be you can check on below bugs, whether you can find solution.

151865 (Incorrect amounts on the project credit invoice)

152918 (Project Invoice Net Amount Calculation Error)

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Thanks for answers!

You will need to verify the tax control setup on company, customers, suppliers & parts.  There is an option to round up or down and then to have the tax on the line level or the total level.   Are you familiar with these settings?   

You are able to review the tax lines on each line of an order or invoice via RMB.  

I am not a tax expert but have run across similar situations that we had to work back to the setting changes.

Best -

Christy

I am pretty sure that wrong tax amount has something to do with how IFS group the lines, not tax control setup. In Project Invoice it is not possbile to review tax on correction lines due to preliminary update allowed is set to false. I can of course take an extra look at the tax controll settings.

Hi,

I have seen one our customers complaining about similar type of scenarios regarding tax. But we could not recreate the same issue. In this customer there are project transactions upgraded from Apps 7.5 to 10.

I think happens when you group and ungroup (by editing) project transactions attached to invoice line.

May be you can check on below bugs, whether you can find solution.

151865 (Incorrect amounts on the project credit invoice)

152918 (Project Invoice Net Amount Calculation Error)

Thanks

I made a simple query for fetching all the invoices which are prone to wrong amount and price when creating credit invoice. I tested on some of them, and can confirm that they fail( at least in our environment).

Where can I find the bug reports? Are IFS working on a patch if this is confirmed as a bug?