Skip to main content
Solved

Weighted Average Cost Detail and Overhead Adjustments

• 19 June 2024
  • 6 replies

​​​​​​I need help for  Overhead Adjustments and Weighted Average Cost Detail.

I check as below step for “machine overhead1”,”machine overhead2” and “shop order Labor overhead

” overhead adjustments and I think Overhead Adjustments only conside cost source ID and accounting year, not conside account no. correct?

if yes, what’s the possible reason and where I can check if cost source setup have issue?

1. as below picture 1,we preform the overhead adjustments records which we can found adjustment ID  and cost source
  2. as below picture 2, I qurey the “MPCCOM_ACCOUNTING” table for first step adjustment ID  and cost source. if i group by adjustment ID and cost source ID, the balance is 0.
  3. as below picture3 ,if i group by adjustment ID ,cost source ID and account no. I found many account no balance not equal 0.

second I check the “Cost Details Basic Data” as below picture 4, I want to know for shop order partial receipts where i can setup cost source=* before shop order closing?

last  as picture 5 I want to know as “Cost Details Basic Data” and “overhead adjustment” say, there is place stored cost details separately and if it have overhead type, like customer order will also be updated. So where I can check cost details?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI,

Sorry, this is not an area I am familiar with as my role is supporting the Alliance line of products, not IFS Apps 10.  Perhaps Mathias Dahl can assist?

Kind regards,

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, @rosicky.gui 

I am not sure where your problem is… Overheads adjustments are just updating original calculated overhead value - on both debit and credit side of the original overhead posting, i.e. increasing or decreasing WIP and corresponding account, and by nature they cannot be balanced by account - if they were, they would not impact cost accounting at all.

Badge +3

Hi @Adam Bereda :

Sorry my example is not good. my problem as below picture after Overheads adjustments some closed shop order WIP will increasing or decreasing. I check “OPERATION” and “shop order receive” overheads adjustments impact is not the same. I guess maybe cost source setup maybe have issue.

do you have any idea about this issue?

by the way I saw your one topic about how to setup WIP post control, normal do you setup M40 for control type C90? as below picture?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
Normally I setup M40 for work in progress = stock/asset account, and account is driven by C32 - accounting group of manufactured part. 

And indded, in your closed shop order case I would expect WIP equal to zero, all variances integrated in received value (finished/semi-finished stock or stock variances account)

Badge +3

@Adam Bereda 
     hello,

so it is the same as below instruction said, before shop order close there is no cost source ?

do you have any other posting control setup for shop order close which make it have source ID?

and do you use overhead adjustment function? does it work will?

Badge +3

@Adam Bereda 

hello

I found the solution. I think instruction should not update. it is for previous version. it is impossible to setup estimated value cost source =*.

working principle is before shop oprder cloesd table “INVENTORY_TRANSACTION_COST_tab”, column “accounting_year” equal to * as below qicture from line 1 to line 13 and it have unit_cost. it is estimated cost.

after shop order closed from line 2 to line 13 unint_cost will update to 0. it also generate record from line 14 to line 22. it is actul cost.

so estimated cost with accounting_year equal to *  cannot be involed for overhead adjustments.

My issue should be somebody modify the database with estimated cost accounting year. both estimated cost and actual cost involed for overhead adjustments.