Question

VIRTUAL VRT table and its usage.

• 7 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi All,

I came across a scenario while investigating a technical task. I then noticed that during the execution flow the logic fetched data from a virtual table named "TERMINATE_EMPLOYMENT_HANDLING_ERRORS_AND_WARNINGS_VIRTUAL_VRT", but in my scenario, the relevant customer didn't have any data from that specified virtual table. However, once I compared that specific virtual table with our core environment, there were some data present in the core databases.

I just wanted to know the usage of the virtual tables, the process of data insertion to them and any further helpful information related to it.

Please share your insightful suggestions about the aforementioned question.

Thank You,
Best Regards,
Sajid Ahmed

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Sajid Ahmed,

Following is an excerpt from the Foundation1 Documentation regarding Virtuals.

A virtual is a new type of entity which is defined in the projection file. It can be described as a temporary entity. It behaves as an entity, and it can basically do anything that a normal entity can do.

The main difference is that it does not require an LU, so there are no business logic and restrictions attached to it. It is mainly for storing data temporarily, until the user decides that the data entry is finished.

Another important difference is that keys are created and handled automatically. Each virtual gets an Objkey and a ParentObjkey. The Objkey is the key for the record itself, and the ParentObjkey is used when there is a defined relationship, such as a reference or an array.

Please refer to the full documentation here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/050_development/022_user_interface/030_aurena_dev/130_aurena_component_reference/110_projection_controls/virtual/

Hope this helps!