[ VAT & ACCOUNT MATCHING ] - Finalization of the process New Tax Clearance Voucher.

• 27 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hello to all

I would like to come back to the New Tax Clearance Voucher process that has been deployed for several versions now and where a crucial step is missing for all our customers (like SPIE, for example).

This is the matching of all rows of the generated VAT proposal, and Tax Clearance Voucher entry.

Would it be possible to get an option in the Tax Clearance Voucher, to execute the matching immediately after generating the Tax Clearance Voucher entry ?

thank you

Warm regards

/eric

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Eric,

For sure our french customers requested us an automatic clearing within the tax clearance voucher.

Nevertheless, I would suggest to keep it manually as it is a good step of control after the VAT posting.

I can confirm that I didn’t had the automatic clearing in SAP and my team used the manual clearing as a control at the end.

What would be more interesting is to improve the clearing transaction to facilitate his usage to clear in 2 minutes VAT GL accounts every month.

Regards

Audrey

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Eric,

This tax clearing functionality has been built based on the balances per tax account. The balances are made from summerzing the tax transcations. 

In new craete tax clearance voucher, you get all the lins in the same way how the balances are strcutured in balances per tax account window.

In other words, when you select a balance for clearing , you select all the tax transcations used to bulid that balance too. It is true that we do not set it is matched in tax transcations window. But in the balance level, you can see the cleared amount. So it does indicate that you matched the transcations underneath.

With these feature, I am doubtful that why you are still looking for a matching process. Are you really looking an automatic option in tax transcations window as claered ??

Please take a minute and elaborate your requirement.

Best Regards,

Chirantha. 

Badge +2

Hi,

Are you looking for the Tax Clearing Voucher to also “tick” the source GL Transaction so you would not need to do so as a 2nd step ? 

That is of course IF  customers use the Account Matching functionality.