Question

Tax ID Numbers in Supplier>Document Tax Information

• 9 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

In Supplier>Document Tax information can you add multiple tax IDS for different countries where a supplier is registered for VAT in different countries. IFS looks to restrict having only one tax number for a supplier per company?

EG I am looking to add both a UK VAT number and an Irish VAT number for the one supplier.

The supplier has an address in Ireland. I can add the IE VAT number and validate it.

However they also have a UK VAT registration and I wish to add their UK VAT number, but IFS does not seem to allow this?

Also noted that the Tax ID type GBTAX is not available in list of values which is used to validate UK VAT numbers. This seems to be because the supplier has an address with a  country not in the United Kingdom.

Surely I do not need to add two supplier records for the one supplier?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @JGHSUSAN 

Tax ID number is entered on address level. If you will create an address with country Ireland and another address with country United Kingdom then you can have 2 different tax ID number and validate them separately.

If you want to have 2 different tax IDs on the same address you can consider creating tax ID types. However, the tax ID types are country based on you will see an ID type if the country of address matches the country of tax ID type. So in this case you can create VATUK and VATIE with country code GB and add both of them to a GB address. And create UKVAT and IEVAT with country code IE and add them to a IE address.

By this, you will have in both country address both tax ID type with different tax ID numbers.

It will look weird but solve your issue

Hope this helps

Badge +1

Fabulous. Thanks a lot for your response!