Solved

Supplier Payment In Advance

• 25 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Good Morning, 

Looking for some help regarding Advanced Supplier Payments. 

We are in need a way of handling supplier payments in Advance. I have looked at the Payment Schedule method, which uses payment schedules/advance supplier invoice for the down payment, this works great ! Our supplier invoices are automatically loaded and the AP department then follow on to then match with the receipts. It is this which is causing us the issue, in a lot of cases the supplier invoice comes in with no notice of an advanced payment being received; when the invoice is matched itself, there is nothing which alerts the AP department to the fact that there is a payment schedule which exists/an advanced payment was matched. 

Have I missed a step somewhere, any help is greatly appreciated. 

Kind Regards

Paula 

icon

Best answer by Samuel Jokinen 25 July 2023, 15:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Halloran,

I think that similar issue has been discussed in the following posts in Community. Here you can find discussions on the different methods on how the advanced payments can be handled and what kind of messages they will give when doing the matching. Hope you will find the help needed from these:

Supplier Advance Payment via Purchase Order | IFS Community

Supplier Payment in Advance | IFS Community

Advance Supplier Invoice Payments do not get automatically fetched to the Supplier Payment Proposals window | IFS Community

Supplier Advance Payment Offset in Payment Proposal | IFS Community

Badge +5

Thank you so much Samuel, this is just wonderful ! 

Have a great day, 

Kind Regards

Paula