Question

Supplier Advance Payment Offset in Payment Proposal

• 16 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi All,

Our customer wants to use Advance invoices when making  advance payment to suppliers for internal control purpose. And there is a possibility that users will not always remember to match it in Supplier Invoice window using RMB-Advance Invoice. 

We are using Payment Proposal for making payments. We want to make sure that extra amount is not paid for the invoice, when there is an existing SUPIA for supplier.

But, we see that there is a limitation in the SUPIA offset process.

In  the Payment Proposal it take only SUPIA directly created in payment window for offset with final invoice. It does not automatically include SUPIA created using a Advance Invoice.

When we try to manually add, give below warning.

Is there possibility to automatically include SUPIA created using a Advance Invoice, in Payment Proposals?

We are using Apps 9. Is this solved in future versions ?

Thanks

Gayan

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Typically, when my clients need to do an advance payment I would suggest using the payment schedule option on the purchase order.   This process provides really good controls over the advance invoice process. It alerts the user they should use the advance invoice when processing the final supplier invoice. 

I like the controls / message send to the user when processing the AP side.  

Depending on need - another option could be to made an advance payment - using the payment on account or new item rather than advance invoice.   For example assume an employee needs a payment advance before a travel engagement. You can pay the employee - creating a payment on account. The new item function allows very good tracking especially when you create your own series and  don’t use the automatic numbering.   Anyway, these can then be automatically selected in the payment proposal reducing the total paid to the supplier. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the information!

We also like payment schedule functionality.. But, the issue we have seen is that it does not give this warning message in External Supplier Invoice. Our client mainly process all Supplier Invoices in External Supplier Invoice.

We wanted to use the advance invoice flow because it gives more control with the invoice authorization process and involves segregation of duties.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@GayanD I have seen that this concern was raised by several customers. As you know in IFS, there are mainly two ways of creating advance payments. one option is directly create via payment windows and other option is to create an advance payment by paying to an advance invoice. The main reason of having this proposal validation is to give some sort of control to the advance payment created via advance invoice flow. It was required to make sure that the SUPIA created via advance invoice flow should always get offset against the final invoice. If you mistakenly offset it against an other invoice, you will be in trouble during the final invoice matching process. Hence, the system always give you a warning, but you can continue by adding the item manually. Once the advance invoice functionality is matured (with different usages), now you have obliviously reasons to include advanced invoice related SUPIA to payment proposal. So, I believe there should be an option when loading the proposal. I remember there is an Idea wall request for this and I can’t remember whether it was implemented or not.

@Chirantha any idea ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Eranda 

Thanks for the information.

Yes. I also think if there is option control offset, that will nice.