Question

Receipt Reference - External Supplier Invoice Line Info

• 8 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 346 replies

Does anyone know what drives what appears in the Receipt Reference field on an External Supplier Invoice Line info screen»  

In our inter-company examples, it doesn’t appear to be any of the Receipt References entered when the POs were booked in.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Linda,

The receipt ref field is indeed the same as the receipt reference entered when receiving PO’s. I’m not sure I understand if you are asking why it doesn’t populate or why it is different to what you are expecting?

Regards

Nick

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I’m asking why it is different, Nick.  

In the above example, Receipt references on POs when they were booked in were 6180-29649, 5732-29549 etc.  The External Supplier Invoice Line Info Receipt Reference field reads 57172 which isn’t a Receipt Reference quoted on any PO that’s been booked in.

Linda

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Are teh intercompany receipts external or internal customer/supplier transactions. Are you using inter-site functionality?.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

We are inter-site and inter/intra-company functionality.  Above relate to transactions between two different companies within our group.  

Supply and Customer companies are set up as “Internal - Sister company” on the respective Supplier and Customer records.  

Linda

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Are you setting the supplier and customer as “Internal - Sister Company” on customer/supplier types because you need it for German Central Bank Reporting?

If you do not need it for this, might I suggest you review the Internal type instead as this is typically what we use for intersite (whether in same company or multiple company transactions).

If you need assistance with the setup of inter-site, please let me know. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

It’s nothing to do with German Central Bank Reporting, Nick.  It’s just that they are a company within our group but not entirely internal and not entirely external either.  What impact would Customer/Supplier Type have on what appears in the Receipt Reference field?  

There are other inter/intra customers/suppliers set up as “Internal”.  The Receipt Reference on invoices between these companies is also some apparently random one, bearing no relation to anything entered upon PO receipt. 

I’m just trying to find out where the data in Receipt Reference field on the External Supplier Invoice Line Info view comes from - where it clearly ISN’T what was entered when the PO was booked in.  

Thanks for the offer, our inter-company trading is set up and working well.  It’s just the mystery field data I’m looking for assistance with.  

Linda

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Linda,

I am just trying to eliminate the possible causes and possible conflicting processes of data to establish the reason for the mismatch of data youa re witnessing to determine if it is or not a fault in the behaviour of the system.

The offer of intersite setup guidance is merely to assist to help you understand where the receipt value is coming from. 

From experience, I don’t think you should be using the sister company setting unless explicitly for German Bank reasons.

Also, it’s difficult to give sound advice without knowing the full scope of scenario and how you are using the different parts of the system. 

If you are using intersite multi company, then the multi company external supplier screen should be used to process the supplier invoice, if you are doing this, you can automate the approval. If you are using intersite within same company, there is no need for a receipt reference nor invoice as the transaction is within entity do it’s just movement of CO and PO. 

You could be using Dispatch Advice, and therefore, the process of receipting is different entirely. 

There are many variables that are contributing to your query, and I am attempting to pinpoint the solution by asking probing questions. 

This may require more than IFS community to resolve your query as it sounds like possibly you need some consultancy time to review the current setup and processing to then deliver the results you are expecting.

As mentioned before, if you’d like some additional help, please get in touch.

Kind regards

Nick

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks for the heads up re “Sister Company”, Nick. We will look at this.  

We are a multi company environment with purchasing between companies, as well as between sites within companies - which, of course, doesn’t generate an invoice as it’s just a stock movement effectively. 

We do use the External Supplier screens and this is the one I was querying the “Receipt Reference” within.  We don’t actually wish to totally automate the approval so the Invoices are “Loaded” then “Checked”.  We are not using “Dispatch Advice” .  The POs are received (“booked in”) in the same way as any other PO from any other non-inter company supplier.  Query for the PO in “Register Purchase Order Arrival” screen.  Highlight the line/RMB/Receive Order.  Enter a reference in “Receive Reference”.  Check qtys/location etc are correct. Select OK.  There’s nothing unusual or different or specific that we’re doing I don’t believe.  

Thanks for your contribution, Nick.  Much appreciated.

Linda