Solved

Purchasing and Invoice Processing

• 12 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a question about purchasing and invoice processing.

Our supplier creates the invoice and waybill on the same date. We receive the products on the date they arrive at our warehouse. However, since the invoice date is before the receipt date, we cannot process the invoice in the system. Why does IFS not allow this?

Thanks a lot,

Âdil

icon

Best answer by Furkan Zengin 12 September 2023, 11:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello Adil,

The reason is simple. GRNI (good received, not invoiced) account cannot have a negative balance. You cannot have invoice date earlier than product receipt date. Let me describe in details with sample transactions.

When you receive the product, IFS creates M1 and M10 transaction with transaction code ARRIVAL. 

Voucher Date Transaction Code Posting Type Debit Credit
12/09/2023 ARRIVAL M1 (inventory) xx  
12/09/2023 ARRIVAL M10 (GRNI)   xx

When you match the invoice with receipt, IFS creates IP1 and M18 transaction on supplier invoice.

Voucher Date Transaction Code Posting Type Debit Credit Comment
11/09/2023 Supplier Invoice M18 (GRNI) xx   This is not possible due to receipt date is later than voucher date
11/09/2023 Supplier Invoice IP1 (Supplier)   xx

System will not allow matching invoice with a receipt if the receipt date is earlier than invoice voucher date. Therefore transactions in table above cannot be created. You can overcome this issue with preliminary posted invoice.

Date Transaction Code Posting Type Debit Credit Comment
11/09/2023 Supplier Invoice IP5 (preliminary cost/invoiced not received) xx   Voucher type I (SFG in TR case)
11/09/2023 Supplier Invoice IP1 (Supplier)   xx
12/09/2023 Supplier Invoice IP5    xx Voucher type J (SFS in TR case)
12/09/2023 Supplier Invoice M18 (GRNI) xxx