Solved

Prepayment Based Invoice: There should be no order lines or charge lines with multiple tax codes

• 15 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In the F1 helptext for Prepayment Based Invoice, we find below,

But still, we can create a Prepayment Invoice for the CO. Yet when we print the invoice report, we notice some incorrect tax calculations. 

Invoice lines look like below,

So maybe we are facing this tax calculation issue due to above mentioned prerequisite, but why?

What is the idea behind above highlighted prerequisite on a functional stand point? 

icon

Best answer by Antbarrif 16 September 2021, 18:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Vimukthi,

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but screenshot in your post shows final invoice (CUSTORDDEB) and this invoice looks OK for me. Please check Prepayment Invoice (PREPAYDEB) for this customer order and if you will be afraid that prepayment invoice is wrong, please show another screenshot with PREPAYDEB invoice.

Best regards,

Adam

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

I think the help text refers to the fact it is possible to have multiple tax codes on a single order line, for example in a sales tax environement like the US. 

This functionality originates from a VAT environment (Poland) where multiple tax codes per CO line are unusual.

So while your invoice has mulitple tax codes, there is still only one for each order line (from the screen shot it looks so).  Therefore it is unlikely that this line of help is the cause of whatever tax error you are having.

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks @Adam Mazurczak @Antbarrif.

Yes @Antbarrif, you are correct. I could also confirm it with RnD. :)