Solved

Planned Revenue in Project Navigator bug?

• 23 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, 

I noticed an issue with the column Planned Revenue in the Project Navigator while is was creating a report with Business Reporter. This column displays revenue different for Project/Customer Invoices and Instant Invoices: 

Instant Invoices
There is no revenue displayed in the column Planned Revenue when using an Instant Invoice. An Instant Invoice in the preliminary state will result in revenue displayed in the column Preliminary Revenue. When the Invoice has status Printed, the revenue will transfer from Preliminary to the Posted Revenue Column. This seems logical to me.  

Project/Customer Invoices
The column Planned Revenue shows a value when the line in the Invoicing Plan is set to invoicable. For the Customer Invoice flow the column shows a value when the Customer Order is released. But even when the Project/Customer Invoice is created or has status PostedAuth, the revenue will still be displayed in the column Planned Revenue as well as in the other columns. 

So how am I to display Planned (expected) Revenue when this column displays revenue differently depending on which invoice flow I use? I am almost thinking this is a bug, because I can’t see the logic behind it. Or am I missing some setting(s) or something else? 

Hope someone can help me out. Kind regards,

Simon

icon

Best answer by Thomas DURAND 11 March 2021, 20:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi Simon,

As you said, the Planned revenue is the expected one. Which means, that the planned revenue cannot be fetched from the invoices but from the project’s connected Customer orders, Invoicing plan or Sales contracts.

If you use the Instant Invoices, this means that the invoiced amount was not really “expected”.

It is normal to be able to invoice a project more (or less) than expected. Therefore, it is normal that the Planned revenue does not “follow” the Actual revenue.

For information, you can see the objects from which the amounts are fetched with the “RMB - Project connections...” on the “revenue elements” lines.

I hope that I didn’t misunderstood your question.

Kind regards.

Thomas

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Thomas DURAND 

Thank you for your reply. I understand the logic behind the Instant Invoice and why it does not display revenue in the Planned Revenue column. 

Kind regards,

Simon