Solved

MICR Fonts for check printing not supported in 22R1

• 11 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

My customer informed me that MICR fonts, which are used for printing checks, is not supported in 22R1 and there is no solution or option known at this time.  Has anyone heard this?

icon

Best answer by Kasun Balasooriya 12 August 2022, 22:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Hassan,

To my knowledge MICR is supported win 22R1 and I think the issue could be the limitation of the substitution fonts not working as expected which is documented here.

Extract from F1 Doc:

Add new fonts in runtime

KNOWN LIMITATION

Please note that due to an implementation constraint, importing of fonts through this page is currently unavailable. Even though you could import the font, when the fonts are substituted with the newly imported fonts it would not be working as expected. When substituted with the newly imported fonts, in most cases the PDF report will be generated with "Time-Roman" font or your will see squares instead of the actual font characters.

As a workaround follow the steps given below to import the fonts to the environment through the delivery process.

1. Create a folder structure like < module >\server\reports\fonts. (e.g. genled\server\reports\fonts)

2. Create a folder called “ttf” inside fonts folder. (e.g. genled\server\reports\fonts\ttf)

3. Copy the custom font files (*.ttf files) inside the “ttf” folder.

4. Apply this as a normal delivery and reconfigure the server. (e.g. Just the same way as you would apply a RDL layout change as a delivery.)

Afterwards, you will see the imported from in the 'Report Fonts" page and you can follow the font substitution the normal way through the page as give below.

Hope this helps!