Solved

Match supplier payment on account and supplier invoice in two different currencies

• 27 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have an issue with matching SUPOA in EUR with manual supplier invoice in GBP. Company currency is EUR. Supplier off-set functionality is not possible due to the currency difference.

I tried to match through mix payment’s matching section, due to the adjustments I had to make the remaining balance zero, SUPOA amount is there after the mix payment is approved. 

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 27 July 2023, 18:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I just tested. 

Assume currency code X for the CUPIA for 200. 

Assume currency code Y for the invoice 100. 

Assume 200 X = 100 Y - due to the exchange rate. 

If you have the 200 X as a CUPOA and 100 Y as an invoice, the mixed payment for two transactions representing the usage of the 200X and the 100 Y from the invoice - both result in 0 remaining balances. 

If you have 250 X as a CUPOA and 100 Y as the invoice assuming no exchange rate differences, you will have 50 X remaining on the CUPOA. 

If the exchange rate changes or is different you need to update the transaction to reflect the exchange rate.   For example, assume the rate changes such that 200 X no longer = 100 you need to update the rate and values. This would leave an open amount on the invoice or an open amount on the CUPOA. You would then use a write off code, if you wanted the values cleared to 0.  Ideally you would have a tolerance type write off to automatically write off the small differences.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +2

Thanks for the response. 

Actually the issue is exchange rate difference. I adjusted the pay amount in accounting currency of the SUPOA line and ended up with remaining SUPOA amount. Issue is to clear the both SUPOA and Invoice. I’m not familiar with the write-off code usage. Could you please post a screenshot of it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Write offs are part of normal cash application. We have a basic data screen for write off codes. You would create various codes for example currency, damaged, discount, freight, tolerance - etc.   These would be the reasons why a payment amount is not equal to a ledger item value (for example an invoice value). 

Then the write off codes must have an allowed amount per user. For example 50 for user A 75 for user B,  You can’t use a write off, unless you have a write off amount per user.  This is an option from the main write off code screen. 

Then when doing a payment transaction you will have the ability to select a write off code. The write off amount may fill automatically to clear the remaining on the invoice, You can only use write off codes you are allowed to use (write off limit per user). 

Write off codes - 

Using  write off

Tolerance is similar - except you need to allow tolerance on the customer. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +2

I’m just wondering why the same function of adding write-off limit per user is not appearing in the same window. No separate option could find in navigator as well. Not sure whether it’s my permission issue.