Solved

Invoice authorizer Apps 9

• 6 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi!

I wonder if you could help me regarding invoice authorizers in IFS. When you have a Posting proposal in IFS it seems that it is possible to delete an authorizer and change the authorizer to another person. Even though the person belongs to another cost center in IFS. And that person can authorize the invoice posting proposal. 

When adding a new person it is not possible to add an Approval Rule which means that basically you can change the authorizor to another person which can approve and athorize the posting proposal.

This seems quite strange - How can you set up IFS so that Approval Rule in active, even when changing the authorizer to another person?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 6 September 2021, 15:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi ,

The Approval rules are assigned automatically once the posting accounts and amounts are are entered to the posting lines. 

If the given user has the access to posting proposals as a authorizer he can change the automatically assigned authorizers and add different authorizers manually. In this level it is not possible to select a assigning rule.

In fact here is no need for using the assigning rule if authorizers are assigned manually. 

Hope this helps.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi!

Thank you for the answer @Shehan Almeida 

My challange here is that,  if a person is an authorizer, he or she can remove the authorization line and add another athorizer and that person can authorize the posting proposal. This is of course a problem that basically anyone with the role can authorize the proposal.

Is there a way to work with this? We only want persons who are auhtorizers for a specific cost center to have access to authorize posting proposals for that cost center.

We thought that the sulotion is to use the Approval Rule. But when someone changes the lines in the Posting proposal to another person there is no Approval Rule to set. It just says “Manually entered” and no rules are applied to whom are eligable to auhtorize the proposal. Hope you understand what I mean :) 

I have attached a print screen from the Posting porposal. Its in swedish but the column marked in red says “Manually entered or changed” and it is not possible to add an Assignment rule

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, 
As Shehan said, Assignment rule is used when posting proposal row is created or modified, but not in case of manual modification of authorization path. Contrary, manual changes are marked as manual in such a case. 

I think for your purpose it would be good to segregate access - restricting manual modification of authorization path. It should be done through user access role definition (technically, posting authorizer responsible for authorization of the invoice (but not invoice matching and posting) should have access to Authorize_ and Authorize_all methods of POSTING_PROPOSAL_AUTH_API, but not to generic Modify, New and Delete methods of this package). 

Invoice recipient, matching the invoice, should probably have access to modification of the path but not the authorization itself. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Ah that sounds like something we might be able to work with!

Im not sure how to exactly set this up - do you have any more detailed instructions of your explaination above? 

Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

You will have to test it, but I think you should disable highlighted methods for your authorizer role.