Solved

Intercompany AP/AR Netting/Offset

• 13 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello, 

I need some help regarding AP/AR Netting with my customer.

The companies within the group are buying and selling each other goods. 

Let’s suppose the company A has an AP Balance with company B (1500€) and an AR Balance with company B (4200€).

At the end of the month, the AP Balance is offset in a intercompany offset account (Credit) and the AR Balance offset as well in the same account (Debit).

So, the intercompany offset account balance is the difference (so -2700€)

The netting functionality allows me to offset the same amount in AP and AR (here 1500€), but i would like to post the difference.

Is it possible to execute such process in IFS ? Which posting controls are involved ?

Also, is it possible to have a different account for each one of the sister companies ? 

Thanks, 

Tarek

icon

Best answer by ATarBPT 21 April 2023, 19:07

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

We use PP16 and PP17, where the sum of the netting is posted to 1 fixed account and 1 fixed counterpart:

This counterpart is our so called Netting office, but I’m not sure if this applies to your situation

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, 
If I understand your process well, you would like to close/pay all outstanding intercompany invoices and leave a difference only on separate account. 

I think you can use difference items (let’s say in AP) - after netting close remaining AP or AR items in 0 value mixed payment line adding difference item for outstanding balance (you can create difference item as new line in transaction Matching dialog for supplier or customer payment, checking “new difference item” flag). Difference items have its own posting type (IP20 in AP/IP21 in AR) so you can direct these postings to specific account - and supplier/customer will be identified.

Alternatively, you can use dedicated cash account (PP1 posting control set to intercompany offset account) and mixed payment containing all AP and AR open items instead of netting. In this case it will be difficult to have separate account for each sister company - you would need one cash account per each. 

But is this process really necessary? In one of my past assignments, AP and AR invoices for sister companies were booked from the beginning on dedicated account (IP1/IP2 posting control) and balance of this account was in fact intercompany offset. Supplier and customer group indicated as well sister company code in dedicated (Interco) code part, so individual companies were identified in the balance. But interco invoices there were subject of regular payments there. I am not sure if it is your case as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for you answer. We chose to use fictive cash accounts mapped to the GL accounts. So the users would do a supplier payment proposal and use that cash account (selecting the correct supplier group). And do the same when creating a mixed payment.

Regards, 

Tarek