Solved

Import Budget Version in IFS APPS 10

• 28 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, 

I would like to import a budget version from a file (like Excel) to IFS. I noticed the functionality ‘Import From File’ in the menu Budget Versions. But what is the correct file template for IFS to import the file correctly? I tried some Excel files with different formats, but IFS does not import the data correctly. 

icon

Best answer by Kelum Pradeep Kumara 28 January 2022, 11:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi  @BZNSIMON 

In Functional documentation it mentioned as below
“Use this RMB to import budget values from a file created in an external program, e.g., Microsoft Excel. An interval of accounts with either year values or period values can be imported. The imported values can be added to existing budget values, or the values can replace existing budget values. There must exist a budget version in the Budget Versions window before the import can take place. If the budget version is created in Excel, then the file must be saved as ‘Text (Tab Delimited)’.

A standard installation of IFS/Financials contains pre-packaged External File templates that are related to importing Budget Year and Budget Period values. These templates expect a file that is tab delimited and where each value has a quote qualifier, such as "1000".
It is possible to create user-defined templates in the External Files toolkit for budget importing. If more than one template is available, then it is possible to specify the default template for a company in the Default External File Templates window.”

Hope this info helps.

-Kelum

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Kelum Niranjana 

Thank you! I managed to import the file correctly.