Solved

How to copy Save Search from one user to another?

• 17 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello,

In IFSAPP9 I have created a Save Search in Manual Voucher Window for the Voucher Type.

The Save Search has a Function Group set to M and Q because I want the users to be able to choose only from these two function groups.

Is there any way I can copy this Save Search from one user and save it in other users profiles?

For Example for all users that belongs to user group “AC” ?

Thanks,

Aleksandra

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 17 March 2022, 16:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

Once you save the search, you can follow the below steps.

1. Select the saved search as follows.
  1. Select the share saved search button. 
  1. Now you can add the users as follows.

Hope this helps.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Aleksandra W. ,

You can use “Send To Colleague” option on Search function for this. Then the To specified users will receive a task and they can save the search into their own personal profile.

Example:

This can also be done from My Administration → Saved Searches screen where you have an RMB option called “Share”. It will do the same thing (create a task) but it also allows you to send multiple searches from one place rather than going to each individual Search from other screens.

Note:
The Global tick box that appears when saving a search only determines whether the search is visible on the view you first created or is also available on other related views (i.e, Customer Order and Customer Orders in this example).
However it is for your personal profile only. You can’t force these searches onto another user by ticking Global.

Source:

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

Once you save the search, you can follow the below steps.

1. Select the saved search as follows.
  1. Select the share saved search button. 
  1. Now you can add the users as follows.

Hope this helps.

Shehan Almeida.

Once sent, the recipient user will see it under notification, once logged in to the application. Clicking on the highlighted button will open the saved search.